The Girl Across the Street Final

By the time the bell rings for history to begin, I'm so bored I could fall asleep. I consider asking Coach Kran to let me go sleep at the nurse when I remember that we have review for a test tomorrow and I don't want to miss it.

I end up falling asleep for about half of the review but Coach didn't notice so I was off the hook for that at least. I'll have to get Emma's notes later. After class I wave her on, telling her to go without me. I have the soccer meeting now.

When it's just Coach Kran and me left in the room, he motions for me to follow him back to his office. "What's the meeting about Coach?" I ask him as we walk down the hall.

"Just welcoming Will back to school pretty much. I have an announcement about some winter clinics for those interested." He responds, battling through a particularly tightly knotted bundle of freshman standing in the middle of the hallway. "How do they manage to take up so much space?" He wonders out loud once we've passed them.

I shake my head. "Who knows. God, I don't miss those days."

Coach Kran nods. "I hated coaching jv, varsity is so much better. You're all easier to work with for the most part."

I laugh and nod my head. We get to his office where a few guys are already waiting. Coach Kran shares the office with the other history teacher's but they've been nice enough to clear out for the ten, fifteen minutes that the meeting will take.

By three o'clock, everyone, including Nick, is there and Coach Kran starts the meeting. First, he welcomes Will back and tells him that he's glad to see him back and healthy again. After that, he discusses a few winter clinics for everyone to take to sharpen their skills for next year, be it for the high school again or college.

The meeting is dismissed by 3:20 and I grab a flyer for the clinic I attended last year to give to my mom to fill out. Simon gives me a ride home and I beat my sister home for once.

"Hey Mom! Where's Cassidy?" I call out.

"She's at a friend's house. She's coming home at six so we'll be having dinner at about 6:30, how does that sound?" She calls back, emerging from the living room to answer me.

"Great Mom, thanks." I make my way upstairs to do homework.

After dinner, I've finished my homework and log onto LifeTyme to check my profile. As soon as I log on, a message from Kate pops up.

Kate Manor: Dylan we need to talk.

Dylan Barnes: What's wrong Kate?

Kate Manor: Maybe you should tell me, I'm not the one keeping secrets.

Dylan Barnes: Is this about Tara! Kate you know nothing happened. Tara is a slut that I wouldn't be in the same room as if I could help it.

Kate Manor: I know that nothing happened, I wasn't worried about that. You didn't even tell me about it though!

Dylan Barnes: I know, I'm sorry. I just figured it would hurt you to find out that Tara tried something on me. She used to be one of your friends.

Kate Manor: One of my friends hitting on my boyfriend. I think I deserved to know about this. How do I know it hasn't happened before!

Dylan Barnes: It's never happened before. I mean sure, drunk girls come up to me all the time at parties but you're almost always there with me.

Kate Manor: Drunk girls don't worry me. It's the sober ones I'm scared of.

Dylan Barnes: You have no reason to be scared of anyone. I would never, ever cheat on you. Do you understand that?