Chapter three

(A/N): Hey guys, I such at spelling out words so can you tell me if I spelled anything wrong? That's all and I want to thank each and everyone of you for the views, I appreciate it. I'm overjoyed! Thanks and enjoy the story!

--------------

Natsu's POV.

I was running away from Gray when I saw the sign, it was green but had a white paper over it's sign, the paper said "Corpse Corner". It wasn't neat at all, someone obviously wrote on it.

"How pathetic, just because of an illness they are sabotaging the town's name?" I observed.

"Who knew you could talk somewhat smart, flame-brain," Gray said.

I turned to look at him then I looked back at the sign. "Corpse Corner..." I read aloud. I grabbed the paper and tore it off the Bunker Hill green sign. I clutched it in my hand and it burned in flame in a matter of seconds.

"You look pissed, Salamander." said Gajeel's voice.

"Well it is pretty rude of whoever did it to do this," Wendy stated. Looks like the entire party followed me.

"Rude?" I snapped without turning around, I just stared at the ash in my hands. "This is beyond rude, this is terrible!"

"Well, maybe they can stop insulting the town's name when we find out what's wrong with them," Wendy said.

"Yeah," I said, I relaxed my muscles and turned my hand upside down, letting the paper's ash fall to the ground.

"You guys should really stop playing around and get serious." I turned around to see Lucy and Erza.

"Serious isn't in my vocabulary, please use another word. I didn't understand what you meant," I smirked.

Erza narrowed her eyes and I recoiled away. Damn she's as scary as hell...

Erza looked satisfied and her face calmed down. "Let's go, our client is waiting for us."

Erza turned and began walking in the direction of the village, Gray had his mouth in the shape of an X and followed quickly behind her, Lucy, Gajeel and Wendy raced after them. I stayed back, looking at the ash I dumped on the floor, I felt so strange, like something was burning my chest from the inside out with a small fire. Why am I feeling like this? I thought. No time for pondering, Erza will kill me if I don't catch up.

I clenched my jaw, gritted my teeth then followed behind them.

-------

By the time I caught up, my friends where in the center of town, there was nobody in town. But I did notice that the doors seemed baracaded and the windows where draped.

"Hello, you must be the FairyTail wizards we asked for." A man approached my friends, he seemed like he was in his twenties, like me. He wore a white wrobe and wore yellow gloves and plactic coverings on his boots, he had a muffler over his mouth and nose.

"Indeed we are," Erza replied. "What seems to be the problem?"

"We have some sorts of virus going around and we are in desperate need for a cure," the Guy responded.

"We need some information to work with, sir. Can you tell us the symptoms or at least where this virus hits?" Wendy asked eagerly.

"Yeah. I don't know much of the origins but the symptoms are at first unsteady breathing, sneeze attacks, coughing blood, motion sickness, and constant loss of consciousness," the Guy replied sadly. "My sister has it so I know that much..."

"I understand," Erza sighed.

"It sounds like the Red Eclypse Virus alright," Wendy observed. "And thankfully I think Porlyiusca (A/N: Or however you spell it, correct me if I'm wrong) and she told me where to find the ingredients for it."

"Okay," I said. "So this plan has nothing to do with destroying stuff?"

"Why would you want to destroy something!?" the Guy exclaimed.

Lucy patted my shoulder and laughed nervously. "Oh typical Natsu, he doesn't mean it, he just has a nerve!" She explained.

Damn it, I need to destroy something to get this pain out of my chest. Or at least distract myself from it.

"Hey, also by chance is chest pain one of the symptoms?" I asked nervously.

"Not that I've seen, why?" the Guy asked.

"Just curious is all, I thought it would be like the illness Igneel told me about but I guess not..." I lied. Looks like I don't have the virus then, but then what's wrong with me?

"Okay, well I haven't introduced myself properly. I'm Aidren, Bunker Hill's governor's son." Aidren said, not bothering to hold out his hand for us to shake.

"Nice to meet ya, Aidren, the name's Natsu," I said. "You've met Wendy, Lucy, Erza, Gajeel and Gray."

Aidren nodded.

"Anyways, Let's get into groups. We need a total of five ingredients for me to make the cure," Wendy explained. She handed everyone a paper, wait, where did she get paper from? She handed Erza a paper, Gajeel, Lucy, Gray and Me.

"These papers I've kept in my bag just in case it was the Red Eclypse Virus, and it is so they came in use," Wendy said. Well that answers my question. "Each of these are a fruit, leaf or herb you need to collect and bring it back to me. I'm gonna stay here and try to ease these villager's pain."

"Okay then," I said, looking down at my paper. It's some kind of red-orange-yellow fruit called "Dragon Fruit", it's a unique type that seems to help with the immunsive system. Whatever this system thingy is I dunno much about. Hey, I'm not as dense as I used to be.

"Can you show me where your hospital is?" Wendy asked, turning to Aidren.

"Sure, but you'll need this," Aidren handed her gloves, a mask and plastic book coverings. (Seriously where are these people getting this stuff from)?!

"Thanks, let's go. See ya later guys," Wendy said, turning to us and winking before she turned to follow Aidren.

I didn't stay to chat, I clutched the paper she gave me and turned to leave. I felt someone grab my left arm, I stopped and looked over my shoulder at Lucy. She looked concerned.

"What's wrong, Natsu, I know it's more than just a question, I can see it in your eyes," Lucy said. (Creepy much, Luigi).

"I just wanted to know if I was right," I replied.

"It's more than that. What's wrong?" She pressured.

"Don't we have a job to do? I think we should go before these people die," I snapped and yanked my arm away from her. I wasn't feeling like myself right now. I just want this job done and over with so I can go home, get my jewel, and eat some food. But at the same time for once I don't feel like eating.

I felt Lucy's eyes bore into me as I turned and walked south.