Chapter 6

Snape's POV

I woke up Saturday morning and made my way to the Great Hall for breakfast. All of the other professors were sitting at the high table already, so I went and sat down at the one empty seat next to Horace. I was still very scared about Selena and how I was going to tell her about her mother and that by the end of this year, I would have to flee Hogwarts after killing Albus. I tried to think things through on if I should take her with me with the Death Eaters, but that would be too dangerous for her. I didn't want her to have to see the things that went on at the Manor, or be in the presence of the Dark Lord himself. But where would she go while I was gone? There would be no one on my side by the time I did this for anyone to take care of her.

It couldn't be the Malfoy's obviously, because they owned the Manor. This was so difficult. What in the world was I going to do? I came out of my train of thought as I saw Selena making her way to the Slytherin table with Draco, hand in hand. Were they going out now? When did all this come about. What really sparked concern in my eyes was the way she was walking by all the other students. She was strutting, and she had a look of proudness across her entire face. Something was up. And I didn't like it one bit. She seemed so....so different now.

She almost looked sinister, especially the way she was glaring at Potter and his gang. I started breathing heavily. She couldn't have...no. She told me she wouldn't go looking for answers. I was being stupid. Shake it off Severus. Nothing's going on with her. It's probably because she's with Draco now and wants people to be jealous. Yeah. That's it. Forget about it for now. You'll just go talk to Draco later for some information. I had to do that anyway, because I needed to make sure he fully understood that I was going to assist him in his mission.

I then started eating some eggs and bacon as breakfast continued, my hands shaking as I put the food to my mouth. I was still nervous about all this. I didn't want my daughter to be in this situation. I would lose her to the Dark Lord's plans for her. As long as she obeys me and doesn't do anything stupid.

Selena's POV

As Draco and I made our way to our table, hand in hand, I couldn't help notice that father was staring at this. I should probably tell him that Draco and I have decided to start seeing each other, so he doesn't suspect anything of my new mission. As I thought about my new-found glory of becoming a Death Eater, I started to strut my way over to the table, making all the students in other houses look at me with jealousy and hatred. I didn't care though. They would soon respect me in the end. I then glared at the Golden Trio again, and strutted proudly past them with my new boyfriend. They looked at me with disgust on their faces, which made me feel prouder. They wished they were us.

As we sat down, I saw that dad was still looking at me. He looked really nervous about something, and he was shaking as he tried to scoop breakfast from his fork into his mouth. I chuckled at this. He honestly had no idea that I had already become the one thing he wishes he could have been better at. I started to get annoyed with his concerned glances at me, so I gave him one of my 'what the heck are you staring at?' looks, and he then turned away to talk to Slughorn. I then started to talk to Draco about my newest plans the Dark Lord has for me.

"So he's gonna teach me even more things in the next few weeks that I don't know already?" I said with excitement.

"Yup. Some of the stuff is really cool too. You're also going to get fitted for your Death Eater Mask and uniform. It's a pretty big deal," I was thrilled at this point. I saw how awesome the masks they wore were, and couldn't wait to have one of my very own. This was amazing.

When breakfast was over, Draco and I were going to head outside for some fresh air when I felt a hand pull me back on my shoulder. Father.

"Oh, hey dad, what's up?" I said innocently. He narrowed his eyes at me with suspision.