Chapter 8

Snape's POV

I walked slowly up the stairs of Malfoy Manor, eager to talk to the Dark Lord about who the new Death Eater that was now chosen to kill Albus was. I rounded the hallway and was about to enter the meeting room where he would be when I heard extra voices and strange noises. I could tell by one voice that Bellatrix was in there, and I could only make out a few things she was saying.

"--have some happy memories of old Sevy and yourself don't you? I didn't know he had a soft side in him. It's disgustingly touching," she snapped at someone who just growled in anger. I couldn't tell who it was she was talking to, and I couldn't intrude, or else the Dark Lord would kill me for interrupting something that seemed important. But wait, Bella had mentioned my horrid nickname she made for me. Was she talking about me? Who could have happy memories with me? It then dawned on me. No. I couldn't be Selena in there.

I had thought about entering or not for at least ten minutes until I heard some goodbyes from the Dark Lord and the others with him, and how excited they were about some skills this mystery person had. I then burst into the room, just missing someone who had apparated out of the room. The Dark Lord glared at my enterance with surprise.

"My Lord, so sorry for coming unannounced, but I needed to discuss some issues with you--" I started, but he had then interrupted me and spoke up.

"Severus, just the person I was about to summon. Yes, there are many things we needed to discuss. I imagine you are wondering about the mission and who the new Death Eater is? I'm sure Draco told you that he no longer will be the one to go through with it." I nodded at this, and continued with my statements.

"Yes my Lord, I heard about this new Death Eater. I was just wondering who it could be, and if they would need my assistance like Draco did if he couldn't go through with it?" I asked with all curiousity. He looked at me for a minute, like he was thinking about what to say, and then started.

"Well Severus, I can honestly say that this follower of mine will definately not need your assistance this time, as she is very skilled and has no weakness whatsoever to coward away and not go through with the mission." I raised my eyebrow in confusion as he said it was a 'she'.

"It's a 'she' who is going to kill him my Lord?" He then grinned at me in an evil way, almost like he knew crucial information that I didn't.

"Yes Severus, it is a girl, but I read her mind and she has asked me and everyone else to not reveal her identity to anyone until the deed has been done. I'm sure you will respect her wishes?" He looked at me very seriously now. I knew I had to agree with this. I couldn't demand to know who it was from him, or he would really punish me. I simply agreed with him and started to make my way out when he called me.

"Oh and Severus? I believe when the time comes for her to kill Dumbledore, I expect you to be there as well to escort her away from the school so you can help her get back here safely. She is going to be of great use to me in order to destroy Potter as well." I simply nodded at him, not knowing what to say.

I was going to have to be there anyway, and somehow kill Albus myself still, it was the only way our plan could work. I longed to know who it was, but I had a slight and scary idea as to who it could be. I had to keep a close watch on Selena at school now. I wish I could trust her, but things were all too suspicious now. If Selena was the one who was going to kill Albus, I couldn't let her go through with it in the end. Her soul is too precious than mine. I just hoped I was wrong about all this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this chapter is soo short! I'm still trying to figure out how I'm gonna execute this story. I'm as excited as you all must be to know what's going to happen in the end! I still don't know exactly how it's going to end! I will write a much better one as soon as I decide what I'm gonna do with it haha. :)