Chapter 12: Stalking is an Extreme Sport

<Keira's POV>

By the time we get home, even after we've had dinner, I can still feel Sam's lips on mine, warm, soft...gawd, if I don't stop thinking about it, I might just jump on him again. But really, I'm fairly certain that was the best kiss I've ever had.

When we get to the motel, Dean is passed out on the bed farthest from the door, snoring softly. As we're coming into the room, the magic fingers on the bed finally runs out of battery. I shake my head. I experienced, when we first checked in, Dean's obsession with the Magic Finger. I honestly think it might be unhealthy.

Sam agrees, because when he notices, he shakes his head and sets his bag with our books on the small table by his computer. All of his books have to do with history and lore except for one.

"Should we wake him up?" I ask.

Since Dean wasn't with us, we went to a salad bar sort of place where you get a salad and then you can eat any type of food they offer, from pasta, to soup. He wouldn't be too thrilled with our choice in food and would probably go out for dinner if we woke him. Sam was nice though, and brought him some pie from the dessert bar.

"Nah," Sam says, putting the pie in the fridge, "let him rest from his night's conquests."

"And his hangover," I add, kicking my shoes off.

Lucifer walks over to look at Dean, but I ignore him. I could just kill him sometimes...

"I'm going to go take a shower," I tell Sam and he nods.

I take my clothes with me into the bathroom. Amazingly, today has been more tiresome than our normal hunting days. I had a blast, of course-especially since it was a day filled with Sam and his attention-but I'm tired.

The showers helps, but once I'm in my PJ's, I'm ready for bed. The medium sized ice cream I had after dinner isn't helping to keep me up either. So I climb into bed, yawning. I look at Sam, who's also dressed in his PJ's, and making his bed on the floor. I feel awful for him. He has to wake up every morning with this kink in his neck and a stiff back.

"Hey, Sam," I say before I can chicken out.

Lately, if I've realized that the best way to get myself to do something (especially if it involves Sam) is to just jump right into it before I can talk myself out of it.

"Yeah?" he asks, looking up.

"I was thinking...since I've already slept with you on the floor and whatnot...you can sleep up on the bed if you want. I know the floor must be super comfy and all, but I just thought you might want to try an actual bed..."

He smiles slightly and straightens up.

"Yeah actually, I would like that...if it's ok with you."

I nod quickly.

"It's totally okay," I say, which is really lame and totally fangirl, but I can't take it back now that I've said it.

I scoot over as he comes over to the bed and awkwardly lays down. It's uncomfortable because the sheets tighten and pin me beneath them, but I don't say anything. This all very new to the both of us.

After a second he leans over and turns the light out, making it even more awkward for us in the darkness. I'm silent, and he's silent, and eventually I drift off to sleep. I wake, who know how long later, to what I think, at first, is an earthquake. Then I realize it's Sam shaking with cold.

I roll over with some difficulty, because the sheets are still pinning me down, and reach out. I touch the fabric of his shirt. What part of his shirt it is, I have no idea. Frankly, it'd be much easier to tell if he wasn't wearing a shirt at all. My hand slides up to...his face. My hands tingle with the memory of sliding them through his hair. So soft and smooth, like silk.