Chapter 6: Accidents Happen

A/N: I'm still sick, so this might not be awesome, but oh well. We'll see how it goes.

Kristy's POV:

I sit on the arm of Cas's chair, looking over at maps and battle plans with him. He's tired, I can tell. Not, of course, in the physical sense, but he's been pouring over these maps for hours. He's probably going cross eyed.

"Cas, you should take a break," I say softly, breaking the silence and most likely, his concentration.

"I can't," he says grimly, his eyes drifting over the maps.

"More like you won't," I say, jumping off the arm of his chair.

"Kristy, we have to be ready for whatever Raphael is planning."

I come around the side of the table where all of our maps are spread out and lay my hands across its surface, looking at him head on.

"And unless you can see into the future, you're only worrying yourself."

He looks at me and sighs.

"Have you seen anything?" he asks.

I shake my head. As Cas once told Dean, time is fluid. Angels can bend it to push people into the past. It's kind of the same with the future. The future is not set in stone, as cliche as that sounds, and there are always little decisions that help make it up. I can peer into the future, but there are so many different variations, thousands of them, that it's dizzying. It's only really useful when a key decision has been made.

"It seems...ludicrous to just sit around and wait for something to happen," Cas tells me leaning back in his chair.

I smile slightly and walk back around the table to him, kneeling down in front of him and putting one of my hands on his.

"Cas there are other things to do. Other things to worry about. We won't be doing nothing," I tell him.

He sighs and runs a hand through his hair.

"What do you suggest we do?" he asks.

I shrug.

"Any manner of things. Cas, we're angels...well, three quarter of us are. We can do pretty much whatever we please."

He pulls me up into his lap and I nuzzle my head under his chin. I hug him around the waist, enjoying his strength.

"You have no idea how thankful I am that I have you by my side," he says kissing the top of my head.

"No one else would put up with me anyway," I tease, kissing him by his mouth.

He half smiles, stroking my hair.

"What do you make of Keira?" he asks.

I pause, thinking.

"I like her. She's very sweet. I don't see that very often."

"There's something off about her. Something that's not...human," Cas says.

"Why do you say that?" I ask.

He shrugs-one of the many gestures he's learned from me.

"I can't explain it exactly."

I nod because that's a valid answer between us.

"Alright then," I say, but then add, "I still like her. I think her and Sammy are going to get together."

Cas chuckles.

"You're just being a matchmaker aren't you."

"Am not," I reply playfully pouty, "but I can just tell. Those two are so perfect together."