Chapter 10: The Third Man (part 3)

<Kristy's POV>

Through the mind link, I can feel everything Cas feels. I can see what he sees. And I can see and feel that Cas is getting his ass kicked and needs my help.

I struggle against the angel.

"Get off me, you bastard!" I scream.

All I can think of is helping Cas. If Raphael kills him...

I shiver at the thought. Only one thing to do...I step back, planting my heel firmly in his foot. Right as I'm bringing it down, I change my comfortable boot into an eight inch, extremely sharp stiletto. He swears and lets me go and I spin around, planning on stabbing him with my dagger. But just before I can, pull it out, I feel a sharp tug in my gut.

I can't quite explain it. It isn't exactly painful...it's just...a sensation. I look down and see his archangel's blade buried in my side. I swallow in amazement. Well...I guess we tested that theory! I cannot be killed by an angel blade.

"What are you?" he asks in horror, staring at my side.

I look up at him, quickly recovering.

"One pissed off chick," I answer and in one smooth, quick move, I yank the blade from my stomach and plunge it into his.

He falls to floor, dead, but I don't wait around to watch. I appear at the top of the stairs, looking for Cas. Raphael has an angel blade out and he says something to Cas, something I can't hear, before quickly raising it over his head.

Even as I'm appearing down by the stairs, I know I'll be too late to save him.

"Hey!" somoene calls suddenly.

Raphael freezes and spins around. It's Balthazar, standing only a couple feet away. My breathe a sigh of relief when I see him.

"Look at my junk," he says to Raphael.

He holds up a shimmering white-blue rock.

"No!" Raphael says, but it's too late.

The same color overtakes his skin and he crumbles into a pile of...salt. Balthazar turned Raphael's vessel into salt. Raphael isn't dead, of course. I can still sense him. But at least it will take him a while before he can find another.

Castiel looks up in amazement. I'm completely overjoyed.

"Cas!" I cry and attack him in a huge hug that sends him to the floor again.

He's alive! He's going to live! Thank...well...Balthazar. Cas returns the favor, but then freezes when he feels the wetness in my side. I sit up, rolling off him, and we both look at my bloody side.

"What happened?" he asks.

"Oh, one of Raphael's minions stabbed me with the archangel blade. Guess what? They can't kill me! Isn't that exciting?"

"It is," Balthazar and Castiel agree.

Castiel looks at Balthazar, climbing to his feet and helping me to mine.

"You came back," he says.

"Yeah, well, now Raphael will have to go shopping for a new vessel. It should give you a nice long headstart. Until next time."

"Next time?" Castiel asks.

"No time like the present," Dean says suddenly and drops his lighter on the floor, lighting up a ring of fire around Balthazar.

I wonder, briefly, if those can trap me. Maybe it would just trap half of me?

"Holy fire?" Balthazar says, surprised, "you hairless ape! Release me!"