Chapter 23: Goodbye

Ok so I tried to upload a video but for some reason it wouldn't load so here is the link to the video I suggest you listen to it while you read!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uKjbfUFy8K4

Normal P.O.V.

"No way." Gajeel says while looking at Wendy.

Gajeel knows what is about to happen but this didn't make him happy, the complete opposite actually. Since she is doing this spell it means that there was no way to bring Natsu back.

He did see what happened but he thought that maybe he survived, like for instance he was transported to Edolas last minute. But because Wendy can do this spell he knows there is no way to bring him back, he is gone, forever.

"Damn it!" Gajeel says as a few more tears fall down his face.

Suddenly something started glowing where Natsu once stood.

"W-What the hell?" everyone heard a voice that was all too recognizable. "Natsu?" Lucy asks.

"NATSU!" Lucy screams and lets go of Happy and runs at Natsu. She jumps at him but instead of feeling warm arms wrap around her all she did was fall on her face.

Natsu's P.O.V.

"Huh?" She asks. She then notices the green light coming from Wendy. "No." Lucy says. "You're gone, you're really gone." Lucy says with tears going down her face.

"Lucy..." I say.

"NATSU!" I suddenly hear getting cut off. "Why didn't you tell me anything! We ar- were best friends." I hear Happy say and can hear him sniffle from crying.

"Happy, if I told you about me what would you have done?" I ask. Hearing me talk about myself in the past tense kind of took me back. I know I'm dead but, it doesn't feel like I am, but I know I died, and I know all of the pain I caused.

"I would have saved you! Find another way to-" Happy says but I cut him off.

"Exactly, you would have tried to do anything you could of to save me and find a way to expel E.N.D. from my body. But there was no time, I would have already destroyed hundreds of cities killed millions of people by the time you have come up with one idea to help me. And no you couldn't have captured me, I would have escaped." I say explaining why I made the decisions I made.

"You still could have told us!" This time Lucy was the one to speak out and I also noticed that all of my friends have surrounded me. "It wouldn't have changed anything." I say.

"Why did you erase our memories of you?!" Erza asks clearly angry at me.

I shudder from the evil glare she is giving me, even though I'm dead she still scares the crap out of me! "If I didn't would you have been able to kill me?" I ask.

"We would have done what we needed to do!" Gray retorts also screaming at me.

"Really? You could have killed me, with no hesitation whatsoever, no one would have tried to stop you? You wouldn't of stopped seconds before the finishing blow?" I question him as well as everyone else. No one answers me as they look towards the ground. "That's what I thought." I say sadly.

Then Gray looks back at me, "As much as I hate to admit this but Natsu, you were my best friend. I could count on you no matter what. And then you went and.... Flame brain you're an idiot!" Gray says.

I am about to shout back at him for calling me that nickname and an idiot but I then realize that this is him saying goodbye.

"Right back at you ice princess." I say, okay that's the best I could do for Gray.