Chapter 5: Chance encounter

A/N- I have finally posted chapter 5! Sorry it took longer than usual! Hope you all enjoy it!

________________________

Natsu's P.O.V.

As soon as I am able to stand I grab Lucy's hand and start walking as far away from that hell ride as possible.

We have only been walking for about 5 minutes, with everyone else behind us, and I notice that we have already walked through half of the city. I look around and see that the city is only about 5 miles big. I look to the outside of the city and notice a forest and then mountain range behind it. Not another city for hundreds of miles, the perfect place to unleash a demon.

When I realize that I have absolutely no idea where I am going I turn around and rub the back of my head "I have no idea where we are going." I say.

"Nice going flame brain" I hear gray retort.

"Wanna go Ice Princess!"

We both get into our fighting stances when Erza slams our heads into her armor.

Juvia looks at the scene with jealously because Erza is able to touch her precious Gray-sama. She would make Erza her love rival but honestly one glare from her made Juvia cower in fear.

We both fall to the floor but then stand right back up ready to say something but when Erza gives us her famous death stare we close our mouths and hide behind Lucy.

"We need to find a hotel so where we can set up base, we also need to scour the city to make sure Zeref or any of his minions are in the city. Since this city is tiny it won't take too long."

We all agree and split up into groups. Wendy and Carla with Gajeel and Lily, Juvia's with Gray, Me and Happy, and Lucy is with Erza. Gajeel's group is supposed to go into the city and look around to make sure nothing is off, Gray's group is supposed to go to the port and check ships that have come in, my group is ordered to go into the forest just outside of the city to make sure there were no spells in place, and Lucy's group is supposed to find a hotel and ask the locals if anything has changed here in the past few weeks. We all agreed that at sunset we would meet here and head towards the hotel room that Erza and Lucy will set up.

I'm a little upset about the groups but in the end decide not to say anything.

"See ya later Luce!" I call out.

She turns around and smiles towards me, "Hai!" She calls back and we both turn around heading towards our respected jobs.

Normal P.O.V.

Gajeel's group

Gajeel and Wendy walk around the city checking alleyways and abandon houses in case someone was hiding out there. While they were searching on the ground Carla and Lily were flying above them checking the roofs of buildings not going too far away from their friends.

The four walk around and fly for the rest of the day but couldn't find anything.

Wendy takes a sigh of relief, "Thank God, I don't think I would be able to fight someone and Zeref."

Gajeel, usually up for a good fight can't help but grunt in agreement. He knew that they would be exhausted from fighting Zeref and if they had to deal with anything else he didn't know if they could handle it. Gajeel sees that the sun is now setting so he tells Wendy that they should start heading back. She nods up at Gajeel and signals Carla and Lily that they need to head back.

Gray's group

Juvia and Gray went to all of the ship captains and anyone who is working at the port and asked if anyone has come in the past month besides them.

All of them said they haven't seen anyone come in and they haven't brought anyone in besides food and materials that the city needed. With no leads and only getting hoots and calls from the sailors towards Juvia, Gray grabs her hand and pulls her into town feeling annoyed at the sailors.

Natsu's group

Natsu and Happy head towards the outskirts of town where the forest starts, they only walk about a quarter mile into the forest before they start to circle around the city.

While they are walking/flying there see nothing strange in the area, no spells, no devices, nothing, but Natsu could feel that someone is watching them deep in the forest.

After about 30 minutes Natsu could still feel someone still watching them but this time he could tell they were closer. Then all of a sudden he hears a branch snap behind him and he quickly turns on his heel setting his fists on fire but then quickly put them out.

"Jellal?"

Lucy's group

Lucy and Erza walk up to a hotel that is on the outskirts of town, that way they can get in and out of the city without being noticed. They get seven rooms and it is surprisingly cheap, well they probably should of guessed since it is a pretty small town.

After that was taken care of they walk around the city talking to the locals and shop owners if any new people have come into the city that seemed weird.

They talk to about 15 people and they all said that they don't pay attention to visitors or they haven't noticed anyone, except for one person, a flower shop owner. He said that a man came in and killed all of his flowers he had in the front. Once the man noticed what he did he ran out.

The two immediately remember back when they ran into Zeref at Tenrou island when he killed all of the plants around him.

When they got their information they head towards their meeting spot.

Erza's P.O.V.

Lucy and I are the first ones to arrive, then Gajeel's team, Gray's and finally Natsu's, but when Natsu arrives something seems a bit off.

"Let's go to the hotel and then we can discuss what we found out." I say starting to walk towards the hotel when I suddenly stop when I felt someone grab my arm.

"Natsu?" I ask a bit concerned as he is looking at the ground.

Then he looks up at me, "Jellal is here." He says.

I suddenly freeze up not knowing what to say. Even though we are on good terms, with him just showing up makes me feel a tad nervous.

"Let's go to the hotel." I say while pulling away from Natsu's grasp and everyone follows me and Lucy towards the hotel.

__________________

A/N- And now we have Jellal! I know nothing too exciting happened this chapter but I promise we are getting there! Please vote, comment, etc. And keep reading!