Chapter 9: Disbelief

Normal P.O.V.

Lucy couldn't breathe. As soon as Zeref looked at her it felt like her wind pipe was crushed. She brings her hands desperately to her throat trying to find a way to fill her lungs with air. She hears Natsu scream her name, but despite her wishes she is unable to answer him.

Natsu looks at Zeref in full fury and runs towards him. He hears Erza yelling at him to stop when Zeref starts to form a dark solid ball in front of him, but Natsu is too consumed with hatred to care.

"Lightning fire dragon mode!" He yells as his body is consumed in flames and lightning. However, as he is doing this something feels off to Natsu, he felt more powerful and that he had more magic energy to spare.

Natsu launches himself at Zeref and punches him breaking his stare from Lucy and sending him a few feet back. Lucy takes a huge breath of air now able to breathe again as everyone stares at Natsu in shock. He could here Gajeel, Gray and Jellal say "Holly shit." underneath their breaths. While everyone else is shocked at Natsu Zeref is just grinning to himself. Suddenly Zeref starts histerically laughing while he stands up.

"Good to see you again Natsu, I'm sure we'll meet again." He says smiling to himself

Virgo then pops up next to Lucy with the E.N.D. book, "Glad I could help, princess." Virgo says while handing the book to Lucy and disappears.

Zeref glances at the book and Lucy but now seems uninterested in it.

'I don't understand. Zeref hasn't awakened E.N.D., so why isn't he going after the book anymore?' Jellal thinks to himself as he studies Zeref actions.

Zeref, still staring at Natsu, starts to be surrounded by black smoke. Natsu lunges forward once again trying to get another hit in. When Natsu strikes the smoke it disappears as well as Zeref.

"Damn it!" Natsu says and punches the ground as lightning and fire erupts all around him and go several hundred feet in the air.

Everyone stares at the eruption that came from Natsu while Wendy and Gajeel had to avoid their blast with it almost hitting them. Once they avoided the eruption Lily and Carla put Wendy and Gajeel on the ground. "Oi! Salamander! What the hell!" Gajeel yells at Natsu for almost hitting them, even Wendy is a little taken aback by Natsu's outburst.

"Natsu?" Lucy asks walking towards Natsu while holding the E.N.D. book and Happy.

Natsu quickly snaps his head back to face Lucy and Happy. His eyes are filled with anger and it looks like he wants to kill somebody.

Lucy stops in her tracks. "Natsu?" this time Happy was the one to ask the question unable to understand Natsu's expression.

Natsu blinks a few times and realizing what's going on. He quickly turns off his lightning fire dragon and stands up.

"S-Sorry you guys I don't know..." Natsu trails off falling over and starting to lose consciousness.

"Natsu!" Lucy and Happy both scream.

Lucy P.O.V.

"Natsu!" Happy and I both scream as Natsu starts to fall.

I run up and catch Natsu before he can face plant into the ground. Everybody else stands up and run towards us. "Natsu!", "Oi, Flame brian!", "Salamander.", everybody says while crowding around us.

I look around and notice that Jellal hasn't moved from his stop. Well I shouldn't be that surprised Jellal and Natsu weren't bff's or anything, but Jellal is looking at Natsu in disbelief. I mean I know it's rare, and I mean REALLY rare for Natsu to pass out but Jellal looks really distraught over something.

I discard my thoughts for the moment when I hear something coming from Natsu... He starts snoring. I sweat drop, 'of course! Why am I even surprised!' I chuckle to myself and everyone else either face planst, sweat drops, or laughs as well.

Erza picks Natsu up and slings him over her shoulder like he weighs nothing. "Let us go." she says relief clear in her voice.

About 50 minutes later we all make it back to the hotel. We put Natsu in his room and set him down on his bed.

When Natsu is settled in his bed Wendy notices the black stain on Natsu's scarf. She quickly heals the scarf like she did on Tenrou Island as it begins to return back to it's rightful color.

While Wendy is doing that everybody else looks at me when I realize I'm still holding onto the E.N.D. book. I decide to set it down on Natsu's nightstand so everyone could clearly see it.

Jellal P.O.V.

I look at Lucy, well the E.N.D. book to me more exact, and study the book while she sets it on the nightstand next to Natsu's bed.

I can still sense Zeref's magic, I'm assuming it's coming from the book, well more like praying it's coming from the book. When the E.N.D. book was cracked open I could feel a shift in magic. It was barely anything but when it comes to Zeref you should inspect every tiny detail, but what I think I discovered caught me off guard.

After the book was cracked I looked around to see if I could sense E.N.D., but because Zeref was only several feet away of me I couldn't really sense anything else. However when Natsu attacked Zeref I noticed his arm was wrapped and he had a bit more strength than before.

When Zeref disappeared I could sense magic that was almost exactly like his, at first I assumed it was just coming from the book because Lucy was holding it right next to me but then I saw Natsu's reaction. It wasn't like him at all it was almost like he was possessed for a second.

As Natsu passed out I just stared at him thinking the same thing I am right now. 'It can't be, right? It just simply is impossible.' I think to myself in disbelief. 'Natsu can't be-' my thoughts are interrupted when someone speaks up.

______________________

Hope you all liked this chapter! From now on I'm going to be trying to pick up the pace of the story! Pleas vote, comment, etc.!