Chapter 13: Zeref's Second Strongest Demon

Natsu's P.O.V.

It has been about a week since I asked Levy to do research on my marks, but she came up with nothing so far. Ever since then I have become more and more, well I don't know. It really is like the time I was in that crazy lady's dragon stomach and my personality split, one is me, while the other wants to destroy everything in sight. The only difference from last time is that I'm losing to the darker side.

I have had massive headaches every night and each time I see flashes of a battle almost as if I was there myself.

I decide not to tell Happy about the flashes since he is worried enough as is.

I am walking to the guild hall when I see Lucy.

Lucy's P.O.V.

Ever since we came back from that mission I have noticed slight differences in Natsu, but he hasn't said anything to me. I swear if he is not telling me something I will kill him.

"Hey Lucy!" I turn around and see Natsu walking towards me. Not only has he been acting weird but for some reason he calls me by my nickname less and less.

"Oh, hey Natsu." I say putting on a weak smile missing when he called me Luce.

I think he noticed right away because he starts to grin and rub the back of his head.

"Sorry," he says keeping up his grin. "I'll see you later at the guild, I need to go talk to someone, see ya Luce!" he says while running forward. I smile watching him leave but then realized I wanted to talk to him.

"Wait, Natsu!" I yell, running after him, more like sprinting. 'Man since when can he run so fast!' I think to myself. When he finally stops it still takes me a minute for me to get to him.

"Natsu... Jeez..." I say in between pants, "I need to ask you-" He cuts me off by putting his hand over my mouth. I try to pull his hand away when I notice that he is intensely looking at something in the distance.

Natsu's P.O.V.

As soon as Lucy caught up to me I smell something that clearly isn't human. Luckily we weren't far into town and we were still by the forest so I didn't need to hold back if I got into fight. I am partly hoping I do get in a fight because I really need to release some steam.

I am still holding Lucy's mouth shut when something came out of the woods. It has a man's body but is two times bigger than me and covered in brown fur. It stood on his two legs, had hooves for feet, it also had horns coming out of his head, a tail, and is covered in armor with two huge swords attached to his hands. Despite the fur and armor you could clearly tell how muscular it is. (See picture above)

It started to grin at me showing off his spear-like teeth.

I see Lucy's eyes widen when I remove my hand from her mouth. I just glare at it unfazed by its body size.

The monster starts to laugh and looks at me again. "Good to see you again."

Lucy turns her gaze to me and stares at me with wide eyes. "You know him?" she asks with disbelief in her voice and eyes.

"No. Never seen him before in my life." I say simply still staring down the thing in front of me.

"Oh, that hurts," he says while starting to laugh again, "Natsu Dragneel, or should I call you by your true name." he continues looking at me a more seriously now.

Lucy looks up at me with even more shock in her eyes "Na-"

I cut her off by lighting my fists. "I don't know what the hell you're talking about, and I'm getting sick of your voice!" I yell at him.

He starts laughing again and I get even more annoyed "Ha! I liked how you have changed!" the monster says. "Let's finally see who the most powerful demon is."

'Demon? What the hell is he talking about? Who cares I'm going to brutally murder him and watch him bleed to death.' I think to myself and start to grin just imagining it.

I look over at Lucy and see that she is just staring at me with concern, but I can also see a bit of fear in her eyes. I mentally slap myself 'Natsu get a hold of yourself!' I quickly change expression back to my normal self and I yell at the monster, "Who in the hell are you?" The monster just starts laughing again making me more frustrated. "Aw I'm disappointed, I'm Crocell, Zeref's second strongest demon, but that will all chang here and now."

I am so confused, I don't even understand what he is saying. Before I could argue back he throws a sword at me and I hear Lucy gasp when the sword is only a foot away from us.

______________

A/N: Hehehe left you on a cliff hanger! Hope you all liked this chapter!

Please vote, comment, and keep reading this story!