Chapter 49: AU

Chapter 49:

AU

I awake the next morning to the warmth of the rising sun and the feel of bare skin against bare skin. Fluttering open my eyes, I lay hold to the face of Boromir, his head next to mine on the pillow. With his hair splayed against the white linen and his glowing Phoenician skin, Boromir could easily be mistaken as an angel. One of his arm is wrapped around the porcelain skin of my waist, his legs tangled in my own. A sigh of deep contentment escapes from my lips as I stare heartily at the man I love.

At that moment, the Gondorian's breathing hitches from a sleep and into consciousness. A small groan escapes his lips as his mind relinquishes his hold on dreams, leaving his eyes to open on reality. And though I have no idea of what he is thinking at most moments, I know that the sight he awakens to is more of a dream than the ones he slept through. His slate eyes bore into my own as he wakens with each second, a small smile breaking across his face to match mine.

"Good morning," I whisper, my voice surprisingly soft and only reserved for Boromir. This heightens the smile on his face, his arm wrapping me tighter against his chest as our breathing mixes like it did last night. I sigh as I nuzzle up closer to him, enjoying the feeling of complete warmth and comfort that it unique to this moment.

"Good morning, my love," he responds, his voice gravely in sleep. The sound is practically musical, at least to my ears, and prompting me to raise a hand from the comforter to rest on the nape of his neck. My fingers play with the small hairs of his head, his own hand rubbing circles into my back.

"Are you sore?" he asks, that look of concern furrowing on his brow as the memories of last night play over in our heads. Even being as non-experienced as I was, I knew Boromir was being very gentle with me last night, reassuring himself at every moment that I wanted to be with him.

"No more than I expected," I remark, smiling in reassurance, once more, of my own happiness and contentment. Boromir finally seems to understand this, a smile breaking across his face as he rolls onto his side. I shuffle closer into him so that one of my arms is tucked between our chests and the other is still lost in his hair. His arms cross behind my back, closer than we have ever been before.

"I do not wish to get up," I remark to him after some moments of peaceful staring at one another. Truly, I have never felt such comfort before: both my body, my mind, and my heart are safely wrapped up in this man whom I love so dearly. Boromir's right hand shifts up my body to cup my cheek softly.

"I know, but we are leaving soon," the man reminds me, prompting a small groan to escape my lips at the reminder of my return home. Do not get me wrong, I am completely ecstatic to return home to my family and nation, once more. However, I wish to take this moment's comfort along with me for the rest of my life.

"You're right," I remark, looking back up so my blue orbs meet his of stormy blue. Leaning my head upward, I leave a long, slow, and passionate kiss on his lips, taking my time to show my love for him. Boromir takes control as moment pass, unwinding his arms from around my hips so that he may lean over my body. It feels as if we kiss for hours in those mere minutes, receiving air from the complete complacency of our togetherness. But as I feel the tug on my ribs, I pull away into the pillow, my chest heaving as I look up at the breathless and staring man.

"If you kiss me like that again, we may not be leaving anytime soon," he says, prompting me to laugh loudly. Shoving him off of me, despite my ulterior wishes, I roll off the bed and gracefully onto the floor. Wrapping a strewn blanket from the ground around my body, I go about picking up my clothes and shoving them into my bag. Boromir continues to stare lustfully at me, but after a humoured glance on my part, he begins doing the same with his own clothes after throwing some pants on.