Preface

Preface:

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the lords my soul to keep
See me safely through the night
And wake me with the morning light

...and though that morning light is but a ghost on the Eastern horizon, it is one onto which we cling. In this dark age of begotten Ringwraiths, rogue orcs, and Sauron's rise, it is a hope that we will live to see another day.

But as direction goes, it is not so much a morning light, nor an Eastern one, but that of infinitesimal flames roving across the lands yet funneling in the Northeast. These are the flames of Phoenicians, cause of Sauron's original downfall and back for our final battle. They are my family, and I am their princess.

Take this as a journal of sorts, in recollection of a legendary quest. However, I wish you naught to focus upon my own existence, but that of the Fellowship members:

There's Frodo, savior of the free folks of Middle Earth.
Sam, the loyal companion of Shire origin.
Gandalf, the Wandering Wizard and rightly so.
Aragorn, the rightful King of Gondor.
Legolas, Prince of Mirkwood and Shrub of cousin's lore.
Gimli, pure dwarven iron and stubborn to the last fall.
Merry, troublesome Shirefolk of great company.
Pippin, a hobbit who's more than just a Fool of a Took.
Cashel, Princess of Erebor and bravest of the Phoenicians.
Ruelin, Erudian reincarnate and princess of two races.
Frerin, first child of Thorin Oakenshield and massive prankster renown.
Me, Sidel, the unprincess Princess of Erebor.
and Boromir, Son of Denethor, the Misunderstood, and the protector of hobbits.

This is a story about the return of the son, and a return of the sun. The arrival of Gondor's man, and reignition of light. The fault of rumours, and eternal virtue of Phoenicians. The mistaken death, and rebirth of humanity.

This is a story of a return to light within the very heart of Gondor's son. The tragic death to counter Durin's, only withheld by a tear of heavenly descent. And though his ways are ones of great fault, he is yet to be the most deserving of all humanity...a true light in the darkness.

Let us then begin the tale of dwarves and men.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers!  So here's the final book in the Saving Durin trilogy.  This book will be much longer than You Had Me at "Handkerchief" but shorter than Saving Durin.  Since my schooling started up late last week, my posts will be more random than before and on rarer occasions.  But I promise to update once, if not twice, per week (most likely on the weekends).

For those of you just jumping into my series of books, please don't stop reading with the thought that this story will make no sense to new ears.  Yes, the background stories of Phoenicians and Erudian Houdart are described in the first book, but I have made an effort to ensure that Of Dwarves and Men can exist as a stand-alone book.  So, please, don't give up on reading this story!

Please vote and comment!

Thank you!

xo

Patagonian

Disclaimer: I do not own The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, for all rights belong to J.R.R. Tolkien and Peter Jackson. I also do not own any media I post; they belong to the respective owners.  I only own my original dialogue, scenes, and characters: Sidel, Erudian, Pyrhhin, Palo, Ruelin, Cashel, Frerin II, Denzel, Thren, Thrain II, and Typhon.