The Next Doctor

14,646 words, half of them written without a Bluetooth keyboard, so I was typing T-rex style. *bows* Ta da!

One thing to note: this is the last book the Tenth Apocalypse has before the Eleventh Apocalypse comes in. So, since there are not that many episodes in here (though they are extremely long), the comments goal is 300. If you lot get to 250, however, that is when I will start laying down hints as to who the next Apocalypse is.

Speaking of the next someone, yes, everyone did read the title correctly. That does indeed say "The Next Doctor," not "The Next Apocalypse."

How does this happen? Well, read on and find out! Comment away, and don't get confused by which Rose is which. ;) Caly and the Bad Wolf up top!

***

"So, 1851," Jack looked around as they walked through the marketplace, Rose craning her neck, trying to see a familiar face. "Aside from whatever the hell's about to happen, how was the year?"

"Nice," the Apocalypse shrugged. "Bit dull, though."

"Doctor!" a woman's voice started screaming. "Doctor!"

Jenny blinked. "Doctor?"

"Come on," the Apocalypse ran off.

Her family followed her, and soon they came upon a dark-skinned young woman, still calling for the Doctor. "Ooo, what have we got here?" the Apocalypse looked around at the large double doors in the wall. Something snarled, and she blinked. "Ooo. OK, I've got it. Whatever's behind that door, I think you should get out of here."

"Doctor!" the woman continued calling.

"Yes?" a vaguely familiar voice asked.

They all spun around, and a tall man grinned at them, his brown hair spiked like it he'd been stuck in an electrical socket. He wore a brown pinstripe suit that looked a few sizes too small and white Converse, his hands in the pockets of his long, brown coat. The Apocalypse grinned back. "Doctor?" she asked, vaguely remembering.

"Apocalypse," he returned with a grin. "You haven't changed."

"We did," a very familiar voice said, and Rose blinked, swearing the Fifth Apocalypse stepped out behind the Tenth Doctor.

But the Apocalypse just laughed. "Blonde is a good look on you, Alchemist."

Rose's jaw dropped. "Really?"

The blonde, wearing a pale yellow sleeveless blouse, white skinny jeans with a brown belt, brown horseback riding boots, a white denim jacket, and sunglasses on top of her head, grinned. "Back atcha, Apocalypse."

"Hang on," Jack held up his hands. "What the hell is going on here?"

"What's going on," a voice from behind called, and they turned to see a group of four approaching, "is that you started a party without us!"

"No way," the Alchemist's eyes widened, seeming to recognize two of them. "Did the two of you - ?"

"Yes," the two in the lead responded with matching grins.

"Doctor!" the Apocalypse laughed. "Bad Wolf!"

"Apocalypse!" the brunette dressed like a pirate responded, running to hug her, which the Apocalypse readily accepted.

"Doctor," the floppy-haired man wearing a bowtie and braces nodded at his past self. "And Alchemist, I assume, since we know the Apocalypse didn't regenerate."

"Doctor," the Tenth Doctor nodded. "Next?"

"Yes," the Eleventh Doctor nodded.

"This is Wanda," the light blonde-haired man behind them said, gesturing to the dark-haired woman with him. "I'm Pietro."