Prologue

It begins. *evil cackle*

Need I say more? }:)

***

"Christmas Eve," the Apocalypse mumbled, moving around the TARDIS. "1800s . . . " She frowned. "Rose?"

"Yes?" Rose looked up.

"Did you set the coordinates to 1851?"

"What?" Rose blinked, then checked the scanner. "No."

"Jen?" the Apocalypse looked at her daughter.

"No," she shook her head.

"And don't ask me," Jack held up his hands. "I didn't do it, either."

"So the TARDIS sets the coordinates herself, and we're off to Christmas Eve, 1851," the Apocalypse folded her arms. "Why do I have a bad feeling about this?"

Rose thought for a moment, then asked hesitantly, "Have we done that year before?"

"I was beginning to wonder," the Apocalypse looked at the time rotor as it started to slow down. "It definitely sounds familiar . . . but I can't remember why."

"Well, what's the worst that could happen?" Jack shrugged. "You guys could find yourselves out there somewhere."

Rose blinked. "That sounds familiar, too."

The Apocalypse sighed. "Well, let's go see if we find ourselves."

***

BANG!

"Whoa!" a similar Rose, yet not quite the same Rose, ran into the console room of the TARDIS - a similar TARDIS, but not the same TARDIS - and hastily pulled on her jacket, avoiding the sparks flying from the console. "Doctor? What the hell?"

"This should not be possible!" the Ninth Doctor looked over at her before frowning. "Where's Mara?"

"Here," a small voice answered, and a little girl with wildly curly hair ran in, immediately going to Rose. The blonde picked her up and settled her on her hip before grabbing onto the console, finding a grip as the TARDIS tilted dangerously.

"What shouldn't be possible?" Rose asked the Doctor, seeing the time rotor sputter. "Where are we going?"

"Scanner says it's a different universe," the Doctor answered.

"What?!"

"That was my reaction!"

"How's that possible?" Anna asked.

"Good question," the Doctor nodded. "I've no idea."

"Oh, say that again?" Rose teased, tongue in her teeth. "That's rare."

"Rose, this is serious," the Doctor gave her a look. "If we crash, and our power goes - "

Instantly, the TARDIS tilted again, and the three were tossed to the floor. Rose yelped as she hit the floor hard, hearing Anna cry out from nearby. However, the TARDIS settled this time, and didn't make another motion. Hesitantly, Rose looked up, seeing smoke rising from a few controls. "Is that it?" she asked nervously. "Are we all right? Did we land?"

The Doctor stood up, helping his daughter to her feet before running to check. "Looks like it," he nodded, eyeing the scanner. "It's not getting a reading on when we are, though."

"Well," Rose grinned, looking at the door. "Only one way to find out!"

***

"Blood bond be damned, if we crash and can't get out like in Grant's world, I am going to bloody kill you!"