Chapter 3: Setting Off The Fuse

Note: I do not own the song that I used in here. Adele does.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Everyone had been acting a bit strange today. Or maybe it was just me being paranoid...? I felt like they were watching my every move and step. It was outrageously uncomfortable. Even as I was heading to my locker, it seemed that the gazes only become more intense than they were before. I was just hoping they would all give it a rest soon.

With a heavy sigh, I keyed in my locker combination on the lock. It rewarded me with very quiet beep before coming undone. I opened my locker door, only to see a red card with the words ‘F4’ on it and a skeleton with cross-bones printed below it. Staring at it for a moment, my eyebrows furrowed. Was this the red card that Ginger, Sunny, and Miranda were talking about...? It doesn’t seem all that great... I thought with confusion. I heard some students around gasp.

“It’s there! It’s there! Mi Kyong of second year, class A got a red card!” Someone shouted and everyone began rushing downstairs. I just shrugged, not really understanding what the big deal was about a simple card. Reaching up, I took the red card out, tossing it on the ground and stepped on it before going about my way, heading to class. Upon entering the room, I found the kids all standing around, laughing. When they saw me, they instantly quieted down.

I wasn’t paying attention to that though. Glancing around the room, I found that my desk was missing. With furrowing eyebrows, I moved over to where I would usually sit. It definitely wasn’t here... I began to search the room for it. “Hello.” Ginger said as she and her posse came from behind me. I ignored them though, trying to find my desk before the teacher came.

“Hello crazy girl.” Ginger commented, tapping my shoulder. I held up my hand, waving her off, my eyes searching every inch of the room. “It seems your desk is missing.” Said Sunny and I was slightly pushed. “You are just a simple commoner, how do you expect to study in class with people like us?” Miranda giggled, pushing me as well. I wasn’t listening to them however as my eyes landed on something over toward the middle of the desk alignment.

“Move over.” I said, pushing Sunny out of my way as I moved between the desk. It was my book. I looked down at it and instantly frowned. ‘Fuck off!’ ‘Screw yourself!’ ‘No one wants you here!’ Those were the types of things written on my book. I would have to order a completely new one tomorrow... I thought with a grimace, going to pick it up. That however was not the successful plan as the book slid away from my reach. The students began to laugh.

I looked around at them as they chuckled. With a huff, I went to retrieve my book once more by trying to step on it. It only retaliated in sliding away even further. ...I will not be outsmarted by a book!

Five minutes later, I found myself out in the main-lobby, still trying to retrieve it. Okay...maybe I am being outsmarted... With a crack of my knuckles, I decided to give it another try. I turned for a second, giving the mere illusion that I was going to walk away, but then I quickly ran forward and began hopping, trying to jump on the book, only for it to outsmart each of my leaps.

I came to a halt however. Not because I was giving up. But merely because I was now standing in front of my desk...that had very vulgar writing all over it. It seemed to be even worse than what had been on my book. Hearing the sound of laughter, I looked up to see many kids now surrounding me. “Who did this...?” I hissed. They all continued their snickers though. “If you have something to say, boldly step up and say-” ‘Crack’

I was hit with something. Reaching my hand up into my hair, I touched whatever it was. Eww...It was icky and slimy...

I sniffed the air a bit, the smell being familiar to me and looked at my hand to see that an egg had hit me. I blinked and turned to face the culprit, only to get bombarded with more eggs. One after one they hit me. I heard the kids’ glee as they all threw their prepared eggs at me. When they stopped, I looked up at them, glaring. “Go ahead! Do more! Just try it! Do more!” I screamed out and more eggs came. That’s when powder hit my head and flowed all around me, coating me in white. It was flour that was being rained over onto my head, spreading along my sticky clothes. “GO AHEAD! DO MORE!” I screamed out, making sure to cover my face as much as I could.