Chapter 17: The Sun, The Moon, & Time

I ended up changing just one thing in here and that was Mi Kyong's necklace. And I also changed Joon Pyo's line after it, so you don't have to re-read this chapter. Just know there was a change when it's later on presented in the story...

____________________________________________________________

“So... What you are telling me is... You and Yi Jung kissed?” I gasped, staring at Natalie in shock. “Yes... We bumped into each other that day I went for a walk and he, for some odd reason, decided to help me out. I don’t know what happened, we just... managed to kiss somewhere along the way.” She breathed, slumping down on the couch as we sat before the fire. I stared at her for a moment before the corner of my mouth lifted in a grin. Could this mean...?

“How was it?” I asked innocently, clearing my face of emotion. “Oh my god, Mi Kyong. It was just amazing... I mean, I don’t even have word....” She stopped, trailing off, looking at me. I tried to keep the smile from my face as she stared into my eyes. “Mi Kyong...” She said in a warning tone. “What?” I asked innocently before biting my lip, fighting the laughter that wanted to escape oh so badly.

“Mi Kyong.” She said again in a slight whining tone. “Oppa!” I laughed, finally letting it out. “It’s not even that funny.” Natalie huffed. “To you, of course not? The fact of knowing that my theory is going as planned makes this situation very funny to me.” I smiled brightly. She sighed, crossing her arms. “Why do I even bother talking to you anymore?” She sighed, looking at the fire. I crawled to her, hugging her by her shoulders. “Because you love me silly. Of course.” I beamed, before getting up.

“I’ll let you sit here and ponder upon your own mindless thoughts of Yi Jung.” I grinned, leaving out of the room. “Mi Kyong!” She yelled, but I had already escaped to the first floor hallway.

 The soft melody of a guitar caught the attention of my ears. My feet began to automatically carry me to the noise, finding myself in another room where Ji Ho and his guitar were the only occupants. Without even knowing, I was walking toward Ji Ho, entranced by the soft tune he played.

The song slowly faded out after a while and Ji Ho looked at me. I smiled and then clapped. He smirked some, looking away for only a mere second before he glanced at me. “Pay the fee.” He said, looking completely serious as he held out his hand to me. “O-Oh.. Uh... I came to change the pages of your music book... But it seems you don’t have one?” I excused myself before smiling. Ji Ho shook his head at me, letting a smile grace his features once more.

“Then... Would you like to do a favor for me instead?” He asked. “A favor? Sounds harmless.” I hummed, looking at him.

Wait... Who am I supposed to give the other cup too? I thought as I walked the outskirts of the lodge, along the upper balcony, holding two hot, disposable containers of hot chocolate. My orbs caught a tall figure just ahead, leaning against the wooden railing. That person looks familiar... I thought, stopping only by a few feet away.

“It’s freezing out here Ji Ho. Why ask me to meet you out here?” The person in question then turned looking at me. “Goo Joon Pyo?” I queried, my head leaning to the side a bit as I observed him. He blinked. “Mi Kyong...” I walked the rest of the feet to him, stopping beside him. I looked down at the cups in my hands before offering him one. He took it slowly.  I gave him a small smile before turning to face the rail as I leaned over it, taking a small drink from my cup.

“It’s freezing out here...” Joon Pyo spoke, shifting beside me. “You are going to catch frost bite with only that sweater on.” I felt a larger, thicker item being put onto my body from behind. Looking at the item, I found it to be Joon Pyo’s black jacket. I glanced at him to see him looking away as he slowly drank his chocolate. “Thanks...” I whispered, putting my arms through the longer arm holes.