Chapter 28: Hospital Flowers

Hospital Flowers

Sniffling slightly, I gave a groan. “Heaven smells a lot like a hospital room...” I thought aloud. “Mi Kyong...” I heard causing me to hum. “No way Goo Joon Pyo got into heaven too. I must be in hell. No wonder.” I began to grin. “...Open your eyes Mi Kyong.” I heard Joon Pyo sat in an annoyed tone. I smiled, popping open my eyes and blinking them a few times to clear them. I found Joon Pyo sitting in a wheel chair adorning a red robe over the hospital clothes. Thankfully, I only saw a few bruises, a large band aid on the left side of his forehead, and his hand was wrapped up, so he didn’t look that bad. But who knew what could be underneath his clothes...

“Mi Kyong...Are you okay?” He asked and I began to giggle. “Hospital attire does NOT suit you.” I teased and he stared at me before shaking his head slightly as he looked away. “Sounds like you.” He huffed. “Don’t know how I could sound like anyone else.” I laughed. His eyes set back on me. “Hey, stupid... I thought I was going to die of shock because of you!” He said, pursing his lips a bit with his words. “I think that is my line. Aren’t you the stupid one?” I sighed gently before looking up to the ceiling. “Why did you let them hit you like that? Aren’t you the one who said you could beat up anyone, even if it was ten to one?” I accused, moving my narrowed eyes back to him.

He stared at me. “You are a complete and total braggart.” He glared at me slightly. “Stupid...” He began, moving his chair closer. “Idiot...” He continued, until he was as close as he could get. “With an IQ of two digits.” He breathed and I grinned. “You are so slow witted.” We both said. He leaned back in his chair as he observed me. “They had you tied up, what exactly was I supposed to do?” He asked before wetting his bottom, cracked lip as he looked away. “I rather get the crap beaten out of me than watch them hurt even a finger on your body.” I stared at him before moving to grab the cover.

“A-Ah...” I breathed, my body extremely sore. “You probably shouldn’t move so much... Those ropes were pretty tight.” He said before sighing, “But I guess I should be thankfully for how tight they were. Had the chair not been attached to you when you decided to be a heroine...I might not have seen you today.” He said, staring at me. I stared back before just gritting my teeth as I scooted over, grabbing the blanket and lifting it some. He raised an eyebrow at me. “Come on. My arm is hurting.” I complained.

He sighed and stood, wincing some himself before carefully climbing in under the blanket with me. I immediately scooted closer, going to lay my head on his chest, but I stopped as I thought about it. Joon Pyo noticed my hesitation. “It’s okay.” He told me so I cautiously laid my head down on his torso. I noticed he only wince slightly, causing me to laugh some. “So...tell me what happened last night.” I yawned. “Well, just as you were jumping in, the others were storming the building with back up. When you closed your eyes, Garrett opened the door and there was your dad with a gun aimed straight at Garrett.” He paused at this and I looked up at him in question. He looked back down at me and I guessed why he had stopped.

“He shot him, didn’t he?” I asked and Joon Pyo gave a nod. “And WooBin shot Haje.” My eyes widened slightly at this. “I guess you could go ahead and say you won’t have to worry about the Du Yong any longer.” Joon Pyo specified and I gave a low whistle, looking back down. “So... What happened to all the bodies?” I asked curiously, not as freaked as I probably should have been. “Well...My Nyam kind of lost it and set the place on fire.” Joon Pyo said in a very unsure tone. I snorted at this before falling out into full blown laughter at the image over an even crazier My Nyam tracking gasoline everywhere before shouting “Fuck you!” and dropping a match then watching the place go down in flames while everyone just stared at her with fear in their eyes.

“Honestly, if you had been awake, I don’t think you’d be laughing right now.” Joon Pyo spoke as my laughter fell into giggles, though my ribs hurt. “I think your dad even offered her a spot.” I snorted again, moving to lie beside Joon Pyo, nestling my head in the pillows instead. “Stop it! My ribs already hurt! You are trying to kill me!” I laughed, hitting his arm. “Ow!” He yelped. “Oh, I'm sorry.” I smiled, trying to calm down. However, a sudden thought locked away my amusement quickly.

Goo Joon Pyo looked over at me curiously. “What’s wrong?” He asked. “Joon Pyo... You should know that the person who did this was-” “I already know...” He spoke and I blinked as he turned onto his side, looking straight at me. He slowly reached out and ran his thumb over my healing lip, his eyes running over my face. My cheeks heated slightly as I watched him analyze me. “I'm sorry I didn’t protect you...” He suddenly said, his hand about to move away. I quickly grabbed it, ignoring my joints cry. “I'm still well and alive. I may be a little sore, but I'm perfectly fine. It’s you who I am worried about.” I expressed my concern lightly, stroking his large hand as gently as I could.

His eyes flickered between mine and my own did the same with his. “I won’t let her do this to you again Mi Kyong. No matter what it takes... I promise you that.” He said, removing his hand from mine as he brought it up to push my hair back behind my ear before letting his thumb stroke my cheek. I closed my eyes, embracing the calming action, before I released a small breath, opening my eyes to look back at him. “I’ll hold you to that then.”