13

Sunlight bathes the room in light. I lay on my bed wondering when Zeke will call me and say everything is fine. His father isn't going to be happy about this. He'll want to punish my honey. Why did Zeke love him so much? If he didn't I would save my honey from having to deal with a father like that.

He does come in handy at times. Times like this when Zeke needed to be saved because of something I did. I feel bad. Not for the killing or anything, just getting my honey involved like this.

My hand envelopes the phone. Ring, I think. Silence. The birds chirping outside my window goes quiet. No longer can I hear the blaring of the television from downstairs. It feels as though the air in the room is being sucked out. I can't breathe. A sharp intake of air through my mouth. It doesn't help. I'm suffocating. I try again. My lungs expand, taking in as much air as it can. The world is muted. Ambling footsteps carry me to the door. I reach out and touch the knob. A searing pain force me to jerk away.

The tentacles of the darkness swim across the room from the corner above the door. Sunlight touched by the creeping darkness is consumed. As it spread throughout the room,I am completely absorbed in the blackness of the room. Eyes scanning the darkness, trying to adjust to the lack of light. A hand reaches out and try the door again. Fire licks at my finger tips and travels up my arm. The other arm reaches out and pulls the burning hand away. Small pieces of flesh sticks to the knob.

Short breaths as I try to think of what to do. The darkness swirls around me. I'm being enclosed in the black. I blink when I see it. Red eyes are watching me as they swim and dance around me. They're back, I think. Laughter. I begin to pant.

A gust of wind knocks me backwards. I stumble, tripping, my hands touch the footboard of the bed. It catches my falling form. Another wind lashes out at me. It feels as if razorblades are slashing my arms and legs. The pressure of hands on my back. I'm pushed forward. I'm falling. There's nothing to stop me this time. My hands are in front of me, prepared to brace against the fall. More shadowy hands. My wrists are now in their icy grip, they stop my face from slamming into the floor. The hands are crushing me. I can hear the bone protest under the tightening force.

The snap of the bone in my right hand distracts me. I'm wobbling, pain absorbs my mind. I can think of nothing but the agonizing pain that radiates from my wrist. Teeth sink into my lip in an attempt to stifle the oncoming scream. Another set of hands wrap around my ankles. My feet are being pulled from under me. A deafening smack as my head collides with the floor. My visions blurs. Pain threatens to lull me deeper into the darkness. I struggle to focus. I cannot pass out. My body is being held down on both sides. No matter how hard I struggle, my body will not free itself.

A creepy laugh flutters through the room. Green eyes adjust to the image that is forming before them. Trudy, that shadowy bitch. She laughs again. Forming feet stalk around me before stopping at the mirror. One quick motion. The sheet caresses the mirror as it slides off. Her shadowy body stands in front of it. A smile full of pointy teeth look down at me.

She's on her hand and knees before I know it. A slow crawl as she moves towards me. I breathe out. The struggling becomes more frantic the closer she gets to me. My body rises off the floor. I twist and turn. Trudy moves towards me. A lion stalking its prey. She crawls between my legs. Her red eyes watch my frighten expression. A laugh escapes her lips. Its high pitch sound hurts my ears. Her hands wrap around my neck. It squeezes. My eyes roll back as I take one gasp after another.