Chapter five Run baby run!

Lunch and it was my day. Jarred was with me and Cassie on Thursdays and Fridays and with the jocks the rest of the week. I got to my locker when I saw Zack, he had a black eye and a busted lip and he was glaring in our direction. I decide to have some fun at Jared's expense, he deserved it for not telling me what had happened.

I walked right up to Zack and gently traced his bruise.
"That looks horrible! What happened Zack?" I asked in a sweet voice. Zack was handsome, but not as ripped as the Five. He was never short of a girl on his arm but most of the time he was with Vicky and her lot. He looked a bit stunned at my sudden interest because I had turned him down quite coldly every time he had made a pass on me. Then he put his hand on my hip and smirked over my shoulder. "Got into a quarrel after school. Nothing major, baby."

Oh how I hated to be called baby by guys but I smiled and traced his lip softly, eyes wide. "Does it hurt?"
"If I say yes, will you kiss it better?" He asked still looking over my shoulder with a smirk.
An arm went around my waist and pulled me back as someone else answered for me. "No! She will not! Now piss off!"

Jarred pulled me away mumbling. "I beat the crap out of him. For you! And you go and feel sorry for him?"
"Why did you beat the crap outta him for me, Jerry?" I asked, still being pulled away.
"You heard that huh?" He asked sheepishly as I now dragged him outside with Cassie hot on my heels.

"The barbie crew was trying to set you up for hellweek, they wanna break you. The boys were going to help, Zack was too because you turned him down several times now. I beat shit out of him and all the other guys that wanted a piece of me." He was frowning at the table as he spoke.

"I know." I smiled at Cassie. "Yeah, I heard from Howard too." She grinned back. "Thanks for getting him to tell me in history."

"Then why would you.."
Cassie hit him over the head. "If he thinks he has a chance with her he'll spill the beans or help her and you didn't tell us, so upsetting you was your punishment, boy!"

A new voice came into our conversation, I'd seen them coming and it annoyed me majorly. "She turned him down eight times and counting, what the hell made you think she would want him with a black eye?" Derek asked calmly.

"I tink the boo boo was welous." Mac said in a baby voice as he sat beside Cassie.

The twins sat on the right side of me and squished me against Derek to my left. Cassie, across from me was stuck between Jarred and Mac looking like a deer in the headlights. She had her back to the cafeteria and couldn't see the people gawking at our table. Jarred's friends only mixed at his birthday, it was a well known fact.

"It's Friday, that's our day, so go away!"
"Sorry doctor Seus, no can do." Grinned one of the twins. Jack, always the first with an answer.
"Piss off, Jack!"

"You know, I would love to know how the hell you tell them apart." Mac groaned.
It was my turn to smirk. "One of them is sorta cute while the other one is downright ugly."

His face was priceless, he thought I was serious, and we all burst out laughing at him.

When we stopped laughing Jarred said. "It would be good to know though. At fights we are never sure if they don't fight in each other's place."
"They don't." I said confidently. "Now tell your friends to leave. It's our day."

"Look we need to talk." Mac told me suddenly serious.
"No Mac. WE don't. I know the squeak squad is out to get me. I know that Zack and some of the other boys were beat up by Jarred and most likely you guys. I know, I don't care. Now go away."

"Look Iz. Let them stay. Makes a point." Jarred said softly.
I looked at Cassie, she nodded and we had a conversation with our eyes, decided to eat as quick as possible, without saying a word to the boys and then we stood up together. "Bey boys."