Chapter 2 Close call

Please have a look at the amazing cover that was made for me by @xxTheSleepingGirlxx

The rest of the day went pretty smoothly except for a minor incident at lunch. Somebody tried to trip me, I stumbled but regained my balance without dropping a thing. I threw a snarky smile at the person that had put their foot out and continued to Cassie outside.
"O M Geee. Would you look at her! She almost face planted over her own feet. Guess you just can't protect her from everything, Jarred." I heard that but didn't stay to listen to his reply. Today was his day at the Jock table.

By the time I got home my big brother was on the couch and I unceremoniously dropped down beside him. "Day off?"

"Yep."
"Good get me food and I'll tell you all about the last year of the high school soapy drama I managed to gather." My brother had finished school the year before and was working in the bike shop that dad owned. He loved working on machines. He had random days off but worked weekends in the shop too so made up for it that way. Dad didn't mind as long as the work was done and the shop was opened when it should be. I worked some weekends there, to help out, I filled the orders and kept the website updated. When there wasn't anything else I helped with the mechanical stuff.

"What's the goss?" Peter, my dearest and only brother asked as he threw stuff in the blender. I waited until he came out with a protein shake for us both.

"Well, my day started off as most others the sun was shining and the ride to school was refreshing but then the minions harassed me before I got into the building, the plastics harassed me going in and Jar-head and Cass attacked me when I made it in, after a long painful track through the minefield of female hormones in overdrive."

"So in other words. You left your run too late and they caught up with you before you locked your bike. The biatches on heat were pissed because they talked to you again and Cassie squealed in your ear while Jar tried to crush you with his masculinity."

I giggled at his summery of my summery. "Pretty much." I proceeded to tell him everything that happened in great detail as well as some of the other gossip I'd heard during the day.

"You know one day should really happen soon. Just for me. Do it already!" Peter suddenly told me.
"We've been over this."

"But you know you want to."
"One day bro."

"One day soon."
He was talking about something I had said at the beginning of the harassment from the Four idiots that hung out with Jarred. I'd told him that one day I would kiss Mac the moment he parked his ass in front of me to block my way, turn to kiss Derek who usually stood somewhat to the left behind me when they stopped me and then grab the twins to walk into the building with, just so that I could leave them standing at the door while I jumped into Jarred's arms.

I had said this at dinner one night and both my dad and brother thought it was a great idea. Days like that I wished for a mother that could explain to them how to be a real father and brother. I'd voiced my concern over their lack of overprotectiveness and they had laughed even harder. They had a point, I could kick the ass of the national champion in my age range. I could deal with a few boys without them helping me.

"Anything else happen?"
"Yeah, biatches stepped it up when Jar head told the world he would protect me from any comers. Tried to trip me at lunch. Nothing happened."

I left out the bit where Derek told me he would protect me with the others if Jar wasn't there. I wasn't sure how I felt about that.
"So what time you meeting J tonight?"
"Seven."

"Want me to drop you off?"
"Nah, I'll take the bike."

"One day someone is going to bust you guys at the dojo."
"Nobody knows I have a motorbike bro and nobody is at the dojo when we train."