10

*Naomi's POV*

I head into my room, my mind tumbling around with thoughts, questions, and feelings. I loved him, and he loved me back. But there was still a part of me that was edgy, nervous, around him. I'm not sure why, but for some reason all my instincts screamed 'run' every time I saw him. It was frustrating. Like my consciousness knew something I didn't.

But still, every time I saw him, I  got that nervous flutter in my stomach. He  was so kind, and pretty cute, especially when he was protective. I just wish I could nail down what was bothering me...

I head into the rec. room. Hidan looks up and immediately sees me. "Hey Naomi! Up for a game of foosball?" I laugh "Sure! But you know I'll beat you!" He smirks. "Well, we'll fricking see about that!" I did end up beating him, (much to his frustration) but it was pretty close. I go over to the T.V. to see what Kakuzu is watching. Jaws. Ugh.

I sit down anyway, to see if I can actually make it through the entire movie, seeing as it's only just started. Hidan looks over at what I'm watching and laughs. He comes to sit beside me.

"Remind you of anyone?" He asks. I look at him. "You mean Kisame? I suppose..." He just laughs at that. "Don't fricking deny it! You know he looks like a shark." I turn back to the movie and scream. Hidan gives me a weird look. "So you're fricking terrified of real sharks, but you're fine with Kisame?" "Just shut up..." "Fine." I continue watching. I know I'm going to have even worse nightmares tonight.

*Kisame's POV*

I feel terrible. I love Naomi, and she loves me, (for now) but I don't like keeping a secret from her. But I know if I told her, she would hate me.

I decide I need to go swimming to clear my head. I pop into the rec. room and see Naomi with Hidan and Kakuzu watching none other than Jaws. "Hey Naomi!" I call out. She turns around to look at me. "Want to go swimming?" I ask. She looks pretty freaked out from the movie, but she smiles anyway. "Anytime." She answers.

We get to the beach after I change into my swim suit. We do the usual lap around the shore, but eventually I get a little bored. "Hey, wanna go out really far." She laughs. I love her laugh. It's the most beautiful sound I have ever heard. "Let's do it!" She responds.

We shoot off. She can swim much faster than I can, but she slows down for me. Before we know it, we're in the middle of the ocean. "Wow." She says. "That was fast." We dive down, and start to explore. I laugh. It comes out kind of bubbly underwater. "Hey Naomi, check this out!" No response. "Naomi?" I turn around, and come face to face with a shark. Not just any shark, a great white. I can see Naomi in front of me. She's frozen, and kind of out of it.

I need to protect her, and this is the only way. I sigh sadly as I let my demon take it's form.

*Naomi's POV*

It's a shark. A great white shark. Oh god. Why did I agree to come out here. It slowly advances to me, but I find I'm unable to do anything. "Naomi?" I hear Kisame's call, but I'm unable to do anything. I look at the beast. This is how I die. There's nothing Kisame can do. It's a shark. And even I can't out swim it. Suddenly I can see the shark visibly flinch. Then it TURNS AROUND AND SWIMS AWAY. What? It looked scared. What could scare a great white shark. I turn around to look at Kisame, but he's not there.

In his place is a blue shark. A very familiar blue shark. The shark gives me a sympathetic look. "Naomi..." It says in a voice that sounded like Kisame was choking on screws. And then it all falls into place.

I speed away, faster than I ever swam before. I don't care where I'm going, I just go. I end up on a beach not far from the one Kisame and I started off from. I quickly dry of, and then I ran.

 I ran as hard as my legs could carry me, ran as hard as it would take to erase the pain. Because I get it now. I get why I always felt unsafe around Kisame. Why instincts always screamed 'run'. And now I know the painful truth.

I'm in love with the man who killed my parents.

----------------------------------------

(A/N)

Me: *Bawling my eyes out*

Konan: *Facepalms* Pull it together, girl.