part 10

chapter 10

I can't even tell you how happy everyone was when we got home. The war ended and we won the battle. I asked dad if I could officially become a soldier. but he said he wouldn't put his daughter's life at stake. Because the war was over and Jess and Steph were safe they held a feast in our honor. There was a huge party and it was awesome. There was dancing, singing and laughter. Mom pulled me aside and told me she had to show me something. "Now that I'm ...well...37." "oh yeah." I said "Your old and gray now." She laughed. "Ha ha very funny. It's just that Atlantis needs a new queen." I stopped. "A new queen?! Are you talking about me?" she led me into a room with chairs and sofa's and we sat down. She looked at me and smiled. "it was a tough choice but you were the first to come to mind. But being Queen is no fun and games. And the only way for you to become Queen is to get married in the next 30 days or Maden...get's the throne." My eyes widened. "Marriage?" I asked a little surprised. "Or else Maden get's the throne. Your almost 18 dear. You can get married." I tried to take it all in.

                                                                  *

 "You have to get married?" asked Steph. We were on the roof talking. "Yep." I said "In the next 30 days or maden get's the crown." it was kind of silent for a while till Steph spoke up. "Will you marry me?"

           To be continued in my next book "A secret to know"