Part 4

Chapter 4

I swam towards the dining table for breakfast humming a song I was making up. "Why are you in such a happy mood?" asked Jess. "Oh no reason." I said sitting down and twirling some of my hair. I looked up and everyone was staring at me. "What?" I asked. Mom smiled. "Your in love aren't you?" she asked. "What?!no!" I looked at all of them. "Is it that obvious?" Mom came over to me and put her hands on my shoulders. "It's alright dear...you shouldn't be ashamed of love." she said. "What's his name?" asked Risa. "Stephen." I said. "The only good way to tell if a man is good for you is the color of his tail, what was the color?" asked Dad. I began to think. "Actually I didn't pay attention...I don't know." I replied. "That's alright dear that doesn't matter." said mom "Oh! I know How about you invite him over for dinner." she said. "I don't know where he lives.' I said. "I'm the king...I know everyone here." said dad. All of a sudden the room began to shake. Dishes fell and crashed. "Take cover!" ordered dad. We all swam to different places. It was one of the longest earthquakes ever. Just when I thought it was going to end we heard a loud crash. A huge cloud of dust covered the room. We all started coughing. "is everyone all right?" dad called out. "Yeah." I said in between coughs. when the dust cleared away we saw a huge hole in the wall. Then we saw our match...a army of sharks and black-tailed merpeople swam in. And of course Maden was with them. But what frightened me the most was that riding on top of a shark was black-tailed Stephen.