Chapter 13: Preperations

(I changed the title from 'The Race' to 'Preperations' because I thought I'd get farther along on what I planned but it's not happening so hopefully the NEXT chapter will be 'The Race' ...please don't kill me because you guys thought I added another chapter. I will I Promise, I have spring break all this week so yeah. I should be able to get stuff done if I listen to my soundtracks

Soundtrack; The Phantom of the Opera, Track; "The Phantom of the Opera")

~Tamu~

I finally reached the castle.

"Open the gates!" I heard one of the guards say as the gates opened and Artemas trotted in. Several of the Ancients and newly deceased appeared and I nodded to them all. A Satyr walked up as I swung off of Artemas.

"Welcome back Miss Akirii! It has been a while since you last graced us of your presence." He said as he bowed, I smiled and pulled him into a hug.

"I missed you too Halir." I said as he laughed and pulled away.

"Artemas would you like to stay or not?" I asked turning to her.

"I would like to go back to the Herd if you don't mind letting me go."

"Of course just be careful not to stray into the Forbidden Trees." I said as I rubbed her neck, she nodded and ran off. Halir then started rambling on and on about how the castle has been lonely with out anyone of Royalty to come and test their service. I smiled and followed Halir as we walked down the hallway. I looked up and Halir continued on, I looked down another hallway and walked down there. I looked at all the tapestries commending all of the Battles of Alagestria, Halir's voice slipped away into nothing as I stopped and stared at one Battle. The Battle of the Golden Age, I traced the outline of the Temple and looked at the hills and saw death, blood, Riders and their Wolves scattered everywhere, Alagestrians scattered everywhere. Then I noticed something I hadn't noticed before, a Tiger, a Lion, Leopard and and a Snow Leopard were standing on the highest platform of the Temple. I stared more intensely, a hand on my shoulder sent me shooting to the sky.

"Sorry M'lady, I didn't mean to scare you I looked back and saw you weren't in my sight so I walked down the hall and saw you staring at the tapestry. What's so interesting about it that you had stopped following me?" He asked and I hesitated.

"Nothing just was reflecting on the Battles there were heavy casualties in the Battle of the Golden Age on both sides. Such sensless killing over a Ruin none the least." I said and a low menacing growl sounded everywhere. Halir nodded and goosebumps crawled up and down my arms.

"I'll catch up to you Halir I would like to just walk around for a bit." I said and Halir nodded.

"Alright only if you come out to the court yard and we shall see who is the better swordsman." He said and I nodded grinning, he walked off and I turned around looking for the owner of the growl, my rib twinged and I clutched it as a cold breath ran over my arms making me shiver.

"You should not have said that.." A raspy voice whispered as I looked around.

"I wasn't quite sure what to say!"

"Next time think with your head little girl.."

"I am not little!"

"In my eyes you are be warned." The voice whispered as a sudden gust of cold air whipped around me, I shivered again and looked around hoping someone else had noticed it. But of course no one was there this was the Hall of Tapistries, hardly anyone comes down this hall. I muttered incoherently and shook my head.

"Just an angry Ancient whom I should be worried about but I've never noticed them before...what does that mean?" I muttered as I turned around and walked to my room. I opened the door and smiled, it was huge and it had a balcony. A huge bed sat against one wall and all of my favorite books were pilled in a bookshelf and  scattered around the floor. I picked one up and looked at the cover. The Tales of MoonStar; Triumphs and Defeats