Chapter 2: The Portal

• Dedicated to First time users

~Tamu~

I sat by the edge of a pool, never moving except for my tail swishing back and forth occasionally. I watched a girl doodling in her notebook filled with horses. A bell rang and the girl jumped, I merely flicked my ears in annoyance, I had forgotten bells are harsh on sensitive ears. The girl got up, and walked out of the classroom. I looked up just as a Unicorn ran into the clearing, the image vanished and the reflection of my Lioness form was bouncing off of the pool.

"Yes Oakhorn?" I asked sensing his urgency. Oakhorn stopped to catch his breath, I waited.

"Sire they have attacked again! What are your orders?" I rose up a growl rumbled from my throat

"Send for MoonStar Pride at once! Then send for the Regiment of Satyrs tell them to send two companies! Also send for the StarTigers Clan and SpottedClouds Clan." I ordered rage suppressing my aggravation.

Oakhorn nodded and ran off, I sighed looked at pool one more time and ran off in a different direction.

~Oakhorn~

I stopped at a clearing, where multiple paths showed up. I stood there gathering my thoughts and once I chose who I needed my horn glowed briefly. After waiting only a few minutes a Lion named Solo, and a Stag named Swift Feet showed up. Moments later a Squirrel named Patter Twigs showed up. Then finally a Black Panther named White Tail showed up panting slightly.

"Solo you go at once to the MoonStar Pride and tell them to go to the Eldest Tree." Solo nodded and ran off, I looked at Swift Feet as he stood slightly taller letting me know he was not tired.

"Swift Feet you will go to the Regiment of Satyrs and tell them to send two companies to the Eldest Tree!" I said

"Of course, they will be there as soon as I can get them there." Swift Feet said as he nodded once and bounded away, I looked at the Patter Twigs

"Patter Twigs you will go to the StarTigers Clan and tell them to go to the Eldest Tree." The Squirrel nodded, but hesitated and asked

"Will Tamu meet us there?"

"No I will not meet you there. I have more important things to attend to." Patter Twigs and I turned and I felt a brief pang of sadness settle in my heart, Tamu stood there holding herself high in her Palimino Horse form. She has barely become an adult yet pressing matters weigh heavily on her shoulders. I thought, Patter Twigs nodded as I inclined my head respectfully.

"Yes your Majesty."

He turned around and ran away. Tamu turned around and ran away.

"White Tail you will go to the SpottedClouds clan and tell them to meet me and the others at the Eldest Tree for battle." He nodded and said in a velvety voice.

"Yes sir." He turned around and bounded away as I kept pace with him before my own path took me to SpottedClouds

~An Ancient's View~

Tamu sat in front of a cave, it was silent for there were no Birds. Unlike every other part of Tamu's Kingdom there were Birds this place held an uncanny sense of power. She was talking to the cave, whispering words of Old to the cave and suddenly the clearing hummed with power. A swirl of vibrant colors appeared as Tamu got up shifting once again to her Palomino form. One of her ears flicked in uncertainy, I chuckled softly. Of all the things she has faced the world she was about to enter unsettled her. Her determination to not fail slowly won as she walked calmly through the portal and entering the other world, I cast my eyes upon her uncertain path, there were many roads she could take but she stuck to the one all of us agreed on.

We could only hope that the road she would take would restore things back into balance. She knew not of the plans nor the road that stood in front of her paws, it saddened my heart but destiny was not one that was easily stopped. It could be changed, yes, but only with sheer will and a stiff determination. I let Tamu choose her path as of now and then let my mind wander back to the Golden Days.