Chapter 5: Meeting at the Eldest Tree

~Mysterious shadow~

I watched as a BIG cat was talking to a thing other things call "human," someone's stomach growled quietly, still I snarled at the owner who had the growling stomach. We're hungry and we would do anything to get food in our stomach

_______________________________________________________________________________

I know what you're thinking, "Whoa, psycho killers look out Tamu and Garret!" Ya forgot Jazz don't worry I got it covered anyways back to the story. Oh and if you ignore the clips and listen to the music "Run Free" it should go along with my whole mysterious shadow stuff pretty well. Picture of Solo on the side

_______________________________________________________________________________

We backed up and stood there waiting to make our move, we have been watching them for awhile and we were scared that the big cat can change into different animals. But we were starving and didn't really care. The sun passed through a big gap and was cast upon the shadow and showed twenty- one lean wolfs, their fur was draped over their skin and you could count all of their ribs. A wolf snarled quietly, she was hungry.

~Garret~

"Well Tamu my house is ten miles away, I usually bring my ATV, but today a friend borrowed it for a ride and some races, but-"

~Tamu~

"Yes but today you have school why are you not in school?" I think he has more on his mind than he's letting on. I'll get it out one way or another, I'm a good negotiator. Oh well.

~Garret~

Uh-oh she caught me there. what do I do??? Lie? No she'll be able to tell, uh, make it sort of true and a teeny part of it a lie? Nah, she'll still be able to tell. Tell the truth Garret!

"Well uh, I don't know how to put this Tamu, but uh I got ripped off some one stole my ATV and uh, well I was enraged, so I was gonna go ask Lexi-" she was looking at me her eyes held amusement

"What?"

"How did you know Lexi was home?" she asked knowing that would throw me off

"Uh, well... I didn't  know, I just thought that she would be home after what happened yesterday." Tamu nodded seeming satisfied.

~Tamu~

The boy squirmed at trying to tell his story straight, also I knocked him off course with my question. I nodded when he answered my question without skipping it. No wonder why this boy gets' to me. He answers questions and doesn't ask questions instead.

~Garret~

"Well and er, I was just gonna leave a note on her doorstep if she went to school." Tamu nodded again, I looked around and found Jazz staring at something in the forest. I looked into the forest but saw nothing, but I didn't like it, something was out there. Tamu turned around and looked at the forest, she turned around. Just then a twig snapped, Tamu whirled around and then all hell broke loose.

 ~Wolf Alpha~

 That "human" was still talking to the big cat. His dog was staring straight at my Alpha she-wolf mate. The "human" looked at his dog, then looked straight at me. I stiffened hoping he wouldn't see me, he looked back at the big cat. Then the cat looked at me, then turned around, one of the eager young wolves stepped forward and cracked a twig. I growled at him, the cat whirled around and we attacked.

 ~Tamu~

I snarled and turned around to Garret, "Garret I will--" she yelped as some wolves tackled her. Then I burst through them and to my horror saw Garret battling a big steel black wolf. Jazz was taking on two wolves, they were both young. But Jazz has no training experience! Who to go to, Jazz or Garret? I looked at both of them, Jazz seemed fine for now, Garret, the wolf was fighting him and the wolf's jaws got closer to his neck! With a savage war cry I jumped onto the wolf's back and tore at his shoulder. I ripped it easily with my claws and jumped off as I remembered with a pang of guilt that Garret was pinned underneath the wolf and I. I sprang off and we circled each other like two well matched opponents. Waiting for the other one to strike first, I sprang at his leg assuming that was his weakest point. That was my mistake.