Chapter 1: The Beginning

Prologue

She was crying, in the woods. Then suddenly she heard hoof beats, the distraught girl looked up and gasped. There stood a beautiful palomino tossing its mane. She stopped crying, and looked it over with a practiced eye.

"Well aren't you a beautiful one."  The horse tossed its head as if agreeing with her.

"Hmm, I've never seen any horses in my woods." The girl said as the horse looked at her keenly and the girl couldn't help but think something would be happening and happen fast. The horse looked at her for a long moment and changed her life forever by clearly saying

"Come." 

24 hours earlier

I sat doodling in my notebook in class. It had horses running, walking, standing, rearing, fighting, and grazing. The bell rang, I looked up startled, I looked around the chalkboard said:

School's out in two days! Have a great summer! - Mrs. McFarla I walked out of the classroom, and froze there stood Garret. He was talking to one of his buddies, I looked at him and ran right into Kristy.

"Hey watch watch where you're going twerp!" 

 "Sorry Kristy, I didn't mean it." I muttered as I bent down to pick up my Anatomy book that fell down when I crashed into her hoping if I apologized and hurried off nothing would happen.

"Well what do we have here?" She said as snatched my notebook from my hands,

"Hey give it back! That's mine!" I protested the Anatomy book forgotten for the time being as I straightened my eyes widening slightly.

She looks at it and shows it to me clearly thinking she can get another reaction from me

"Since when did you like ponies hmm Alexandria?" She sneered and her thoughts proved right as Garret stopped talking to one of his buddies and he just stared as my heart quivered thinking of all the times she has embarrassed me in front of him.

"Give it back please Kristy!"

"Kristy she said give it back." Garret said

"Aw come on Garret I was just playing" Kristy whined, her lip jutting out in a pout.

"She said give it back" I look at Garret, he only looked at Kristy

"Fine Garret I'll give it back." She huffed as she looked at the notebook again. She took my page out of my notebook and ripped it down the middle.

"No!" I finally exclaimed as conversations stopped, my cheeks were on fire as tears pricked my eyes. I hated being humiliated like this. One kid seemed to hurry off, probably to tell the principal...again, not like he could do anything. He tried and Kristy's parents were notified but if anything it only seemed to make it worse. She just smiled and tore it into pieces. She walked away, Garret stood there as I started picking up my precious horse drawings. Garret started to say something but walked away, I tried ignoring everything as I focused on not crying. I got my bag and took the bus home in silence, when the bus stopped at my house I got off the bus.

"High school sucks!" I said as I walked away. I stormed up to my room, and tossed my bag onto my floor in a fit of anger, when I noticed that everything felt.....off...I went downstairs.

"Mom! Mom! Dad where are you?" I called now noticing the quiet house

I went into the kitchen an note was taped onto the fridge, I read it

Honey your father had an emergency in his family, he had to leave immediately and I had to bring him clothes since he forgot that in his rush. Be back in a few hours.

                                                             Love,

                                                                              Mom

I sighed and checked my phone for messages just loving my life at the moment. My phone made the TARDIS emergency landing noise as it signaled I had a text.

"Oh great just what I needed a text from mom." I muttered as I opened it.

Hi honey just checking on you dinner's in the freezer! - Love you xoxoxo mom 

"Yeah sure, whatever I can bet a million dollars it's fish sticks" I muttered crossly

I headed to the freezer and looked in there, sure enough it's fish sticks, my German Sheppard puppy named Budzy comes running in and crashes into the chair. He gave an indignant yelp and bit the chair, then walked up to me.

"Hey Bud! You want some fish sticks?" I asked as I ruffled his puppy fluff on his head, he barks and sits down waiting for super, eleven minutes later we sit down and eat our fish sticks and kibble.