Chapter Three

Allie's POV:

I hummed to myself my favorite song, Animal, by Ke$ha. I was trying to get my mind off the creepy shadows the forest cast, among the moonlit sky. I pulled my backpack closer to me. I could have sworn I kept hearing pattering of footsteps behind me. This irritated me. I hated having this constant feeling of someone or something watching me and following me. I felt it at school, at home, everywhere. I sometimes caught glimpses of what it was. A tall pale figure with a horrific smile and deep sunken in eyes, but of course when I would blink, the figure would be gone. I always scolded myself for imagining such a thing. 

I glanced at the sky. Not a single star was out, but boy. . .was the moon beautiful. That was until I heard an ear shattering scream. I stopped dead in my tracks and quickly swerved around, sprinting towards the scream. I cleared through the trees and out into the open street. What I saw made bile rise into my throat.

It was a young woman. Her mouth was sliced into a sinister smile, blood trickling down her chin. I shuddered at what I saw next. Her stomach was ripped open and her innards all over the sidewalk, "Oh my god. . .what the fuck?!" I quickly took out my phone, but my hands were shaking, tears forming at my eyes. Who could have done such a crule and unforgivable thing? I quickly dialed 911.

"911 what's your emergency." The operator asked

"Th-there's been a murder on Oakly Street right near the Library. S-she. . .Oh my god. Someone stabbed her. . .blood. . .blodd is everywhere." At this point I was panicking and I put my hand over my mouth to stop myself from throwing up all over the sidewalk. 

"Can you tell us exactly what happened?" The Operator said calmly.

How can the operator be so calm about this?!

"I was walking back home through the shortcut in the wood. . .that's when I heard a loud scream. I-I ran back and saw this. . ." I started to sob uncontrolably, "Please send someone right away. . ." I couldn't handle talking to the operator anymore, so I hung up quickly, only to dial my brother's number.

"N-nathan!" I said frantically when he asnwered.

"What the HELL, Allie?! Where have you be-"

I cut him off quickly between sobs, "I-I just. . ."

That's when I heard the frightning words of, "Go. To. Sleep."