Chapter One

Alli's POV:

I took a deep breath. It was getting late and I knew I shouldn't have stayed after school to study. How I hated the dark. I always felt someone's eyes on me, gave me a chill up my spine. I packed up my books and shoved them in my backpack. I've always been a good student, never failing. It made me proud to think I was one of the top students of my class. I grinned and slung my backpack over my shoulder, walking out of the now closing library.

I checked my cell phone. It was just about 8:30 PM. I swore under my breath. I promised my big brother I would call him at 6. My brother was all I had left after that horrific night of watching my parents get slaughtered infront of my eyes. I shivered at the thought. I couldn't let it weaken me, but I was far from home. I darted my bright blue eyes around my surroundings. The street lamps where now flickering on, yes, it had gotten dark. Afterall, it was almost time for winter. 

I pulled my jacket close to me and started walking as fast as I could back home. I bet my brother would be pissed, no, I knew he was going to be. I bit my lip, only to hear faint foots steps behind me. I shivered and turned around.

Just your imagination, Allie.

I gulped and continued my walk home. It always creeped me out how deserted these streets were at this time. I always wondered why. It was normally a busy town during the day, but at night. . .empty. Not a soul to be heard. I checked my phone once more, 9PM. "Damn. . .I'll have to take the short way." I spoke outloud to myself, regretting even wanting to go the short way. The forest. I made my way to the forest. My brother always told me not to go in there, but I need to because my house was just at the end of it. I took a deep breath and started walking, seeing my house in the distance.