PROLOGUE

They say a story is more romantic when you know it actually happened in real life.

Life is unexpected.

Love Moves in Mysterious Ways.

Love comes when you least expect it.

I often come across these quotes but never fully understood them.   They say it is much easier to relate to a statement when you actually experience it.  I never thought the day would come when I would finally say... "That cheesy line is so true!"

Looking back, I still find myself wondering how it all happened.  How we both eventually fell in love. Until now,  I am still amazed at how the puzzle was completed.  Now, I realize that most of the events in my life were invisible forces pulling me towards him.... or him towards me.

I could still remember that one fine August Day:

He was staring at the cloudy sky in a deep thought while I was busy reading a book for our upcoming exam.  We were both sitting at the lawn of the school grounds waiting for our other classmates to arrive.

Suddenly, he sighed aloud and glanced at me with a strange expression.

"What?!" I asked in an irritated tone.

He laughed aloud. "Nothing."

"What's taking them so long? I thought we would all meet up at 4 p.m.  You told them, right?" I asked.

"I kinda did."

"You kinda did?!"

"Well, I kinda forgot what time I told them."

I rolled my eyes.  "Somehow, that didn't shock me."

He laughed again.

Silence.

He stared at the sky again and I tried hard to focus on the book.  Yup, the book... The book needs all of my attention right now.

"I think I might be crazy." he suddenly said aloud.

"Why?" I asked, giving him a quick glance before my eyes went back to the book again.

"During your dance practice, you danced really well." he suddenly said out of nowhere.

"Are you mocking me?" I asked him.

"No, I'm actually serious."

"Okay...."

"You should stop being too beautiful."

"What?!"

"Because I'm trying really hard to control myself... and you're not helping at all."

My hand suddenly froze and my heart did violent flip-flops.  I hope he didn't hear the abrupt change in my heartbeat.

"What nonsense are you talking about?" I asked as I flipped a page without looking at him.

"Julie...."

"..........."

"Julie,....I..... I think I'm starting to like you."

Silence.

"You're joking, right?" I asked aloud.... although deep inside, I prayed he wasn't joking.

"I'm not...."

".............."

"If I court you, would you give me a chance?"

I suddenly had the courage to glance up and look at him.  Wrong move.  

His eyes.  I always melt when I see his eyes.  He was still staring at me with an innocent expression.

"Why?"  I asked aloud as I avoided his gaze, trying hard to remain calm and composed.

"What do you mean why?"

"Why do you like me so suddenly?"

"It's not suddenly........... I've been battling with these emotions for months already.  If you only knew.  It's already dead-end for me now."

"Why do you like me?"  I asked again.

Our eyes met and he smiled and sighed before staring at the sky again.

"I don't know... but that's what I feel now."

His eyes met mine again and I desperately tried hard not to blush.

I ended our conversation with an awkward cough as I pretended to be busy with my book... but my mind and heart wasn't really there.

Life is funny sometimes.  It's mind-boggling how love suddenly knocks at your door then whisks you away in a state of bliss, nothingness and confusion.

I am Julie.  He is unexpectedly the one who is right for me.... and this is our story. :)