Two

Teri

"No, no." I said to Sherri as we sat on the couch of the trailer we share, studying our lines. "It says here that you're supposed to say that after Mariana exits the room. Not before she enters."

Ever since yesterday, I had noticed a different side of Sherri that I'd rarely seen. I knew something was bothering her, but she wouldn't talk to me. And, I just kept wondering to myself that she knew she could talk to me, about anything.

"I know, I know. I just—" Her head fell into the palm of her hands.

"Sherri, are you okay?" I asked, cutting her off.

"It's nothing."
When she said this, every fiber in my body began to boil. It was not nothing, it was definitely something. And whatever it was, it was causing her to act differently, and I was not liking this.

"Okay." I sat closer to her on the couch. "This is the last time I want to hear that it's nothing. C'mon, Sher. What's going on?"

When she looked at me, I seen nothing but despair floating throughout her eyes. She had really been hurting, and I didn't even know why. "It's just that I've been really stressed, lately. And, sometimes, I just need a moment to breathe, yknow?"

I totally understood what she was going through. Some days you just needed to put away your thoughts, collect some fresh air, and take a break from everything. "Then breathe." I rubbed her lower back area.

She began to cry, uncontrollably. As she did so, she fell into my arms. My right hand glided up and down her right arm.
"Everything's gonna be alright, my love." I said, placing a comforting kiss above her forehead. "Just breathe."

It felt nice being there for Sherri. Whenever she needed me, I was going to always be there. No matter what.

Something in my body felt complete as she rested in my arms. Something clicked. And, I felt it right in my heart. A feeling I had not felt in such a long time.

Sherri

A silent tear danced upon my face, as I stood over my kitchen counter, chopping up cucumbers. I couldn't believe Khamar looked me straight in my eyes, and told me over and over again that he never had sex with that woman.
How could he lie to me?! I'd rather him hurt me with the truth, than to destroy me with a lie. I mean, was it me? Had I not been doing something right? Was I too busy with work, or too tired from looking after the kids, that I had failed at meeting his needs?

Impeding my thoughts, I heard footsteps entering our kitchen. Then a voice began speaking but I never looked up. "Hey."

I didn't respond.
Khamar stepped closer to me, so close that I could hear him breathing. "So, uh..what's for dinner?"

"Hmm." I rolled my eyes. "I suppose you wanna know what Michelle's cooking for dinner also?!" Angered boiled within my blood.

I then watched as his face wrinkled. "Oh, wow. Really, Sherri?!"

"Ya know what?!" My voice rose. "Even after I gave you chance after chance to just tell me the truth, you continued to lie to me! And, you wanna know why this hurts so much?! 'Cause I almost believed you." I slammed the knife, that rested in my hand, down on the counter.

He jumped, frightened and shocked of my slamming of the object. "I'm sorry, okay?! God, I'm so tired of this!"

He was tired? Of what? Hurting me? Cause, if so, then that made two of us.
"Oh, you're tired?!" I laughed, ironically. "Hmm. "How many times have this happened?!"

"What?!" Khamar removed the jacket he'd been wearing.

I spoke firmly, now standing over the sink. "You know what! You having sex with Michelle!"

His eyes fell to the floor. "Just once, Sherri."

"You sure 'bout that?!" My arms crossed above my chest.

He sighed heavily, walking even closer to me and reaching out his hands. "Babe, please. Tell me what I can do to make this up to you...I'm tired of fighting, and I miss you—I miss us."

I shook my head from side to side in disbelief as tears formed under my lids. "I don't know, Khamar. I never thought I would have to go through this with you. I never even imagined finding messages, or that you would cheat." I tried clearing my face. But, the more I did, the more tears kept falling. "And, I know all marriages come across rough times, but we made vows. Khamar we're supposed to be committed to each other."

"We are committed to eachother! What're you talkin' about?!" Still reaching for my touch, he appeared to be utterly confused.

I disagreed. "No. It's like I don't even know you anymore. Everything between us has changed! Can't you see that?!"

He breathed immense breaths.
My relationship with my husband, the man I loved more than the world itself, was failing.

And, it hurt to the core.

'Cause it was like I didn't even know the person that stood before me, drowning in guilty tears.

The next day, Teri called and invited the boys and I out for lunch and a play date at the park.

"Bay? Griffin?" She called out to her children, pointing to mine. "Look after John and Michael, you hear me?"
They shook their heads up and down, running off to the playground.

"So, did you do it?" She asked me, as we sat upon the wooden bench.

I felt my nose wrinkling, my brows rising. "Um, do what?!"

"Breathe." Teri spoke so calmly. "Did you breathe, yet?"

I sighed, deeply. "I wish I could answer yes. But, unfortunately, no."

She studied me, my face, my posture. "My love, you sure it's nothing too serious?"

"I don't know, Teri. I mean, I know I have Khamar." I lied through my very own teeth, as tears began rising, and a lump grew in my throat. "I guess sometimes, I just—I just need somebody other than him."

"You have me." She replied, placing her hand on my thigh.

When she did this, she sent chills from the top of my head, to the tips of my feet.

She continued to speak, but I toned her out. I couldn't help but to stare at her beautiful, pink lips, gaining the desire to place mine upon them.

I mean, I had done it before on the show, and even off set, playfully.

But, this desire was craving for something real.

Not an act, read from a script.