Chapter 10

Haley was so preoccupied with her jumbled thoughts, she hardly recognized the luxurious limo parked outside her home. Nor did she recognize the sexy hunk alighting, until he held her at the elbows and was smiling down at her.

'Xanthus ---you're early,' she smiled awkwardly.

'Isn't it obvious why?' he grinned and without a thought hoisted her into the air, twirling around with her in his arms.

'Oh?' she smiled down into his eyes, wrapping her arms around his neck. 'You're hungry? Dinner will take like twenty minutes,' she bit on her lip.

He laughed, gently lowered her to the ground again, took her key and opened the door.

'I missed you,' he drew her into his arms again inside the house and hungrily kissed her.

'It's hardly been twenty four hours,' she laughed.

'Too long ---,' he was tearing away her clothes.

Suddenly her debilitating guilt overwhelmed her. Xanthus was everything she wanted in a man... as a soul mate.  Anxiety engulfed her. She should come clean with him.

'Xanthus --- I have to tell you something.'

Her shirt was completely unbuttoned. His head was buried at her cleavage. 'Tell me later,' he murmured hoarsely.

Her fingers raked into his hair. 'It's important ---.' She sighed as he unhooked her bra.

'You can't be wanting to end our relationship,' he smiled arrogantly. His lips teased the pulse throbbing at her throat. Her head fell back. His tongue traced the velvety column.

'I --- no,' she groaned, pressing into him, loving the promise of his arousal, eagerly anticipating the imminent joining of their ravenous bodies, 'but ---.'

'You have to work now?' he mumbled dejectedly.

'No,' she smiled, cupping his face.

'Something wrong with your health?' His eyes met hers, filled with concern.

'No---no. My health is perfect.' She tried to shift her mouth away from his distracting lips. 'It's about --- us.'

'Then it can wait. I'm happy about us,' he chuckled, lifting her up again in the direction of her bedroom.

She knew she should be more assertive, but her body had other self- indulgent ideas, and the idea of procrastination won over the intent to make her startling confessions.

'I want to go make us super,' she laughed, when Xanthus determinedly refused to allow her to leave the bed.

He leaned over her chest, looked into her eyes, smiled. 'Let's dine out.'

'But we're home already and I'm comfortable,' she murmured, pulling his head down.

'Pack a bag,' he instructed.

"'Bag?'" She repeated.

'Stay over with me.'

'For how long?'

'For as long as I want you to,' he grinned, lifting her onto his chest and taking her place on the pillow.

Again she felt the attack of anxiety, but immediately she regaled it to the back of her mind, making the effort to enjoy her precious time with Xanthus.

'Well I'm starving now,' she lifted the sheets, 'you better feed me real quick.'

As she walked to the shower, Xanthus was reaching for his mobile.

They were in a fancy restaurant, smiling into each other's eyes, sipping their expensive wine, waiting for the meal they'd ordered. Haley was giggling at Xanthus flirting at her like he was trying to hit on her. She was thrilled when he'd reached across to take her hand in his five minutes ago.  His thumb was erotically caressing her wrist.