(Final) Chapter 36: The Future

The next day, Alucard and I changed back into our usual attire and went back to the Hellsing manor, never releasing each other.

"You've grown quite attached to me, haven't you?" Alucard grinned.

"You've died twice in front of me. I'm not going to let it happen again." I pouted.

Alucard chuckled. "As long as you're by my side, I don't care."

We walked into Integra's office. Integra stood on her feet. "Alucard! Amelia. Did you complete the mission?"

"Yes, Sir Integra." I answered.

"Good." Integra nodded. "So...why did it take so long?"

I blushed, and avoided her gaze. "Um..."

"Alucard..." Integra's voice growled.

"You couldn't expect me not to have an intimate moment with my wife after thirty years." Alucard chuckled. I blushed even more.

Integra groaned. "I...don't know if I needed to know that information now. How about you two see Seras? I bet she would like to talk a lot with you."

"Right." I agreed. Alucard and I left the room and went to Seras' room.

"Hello Seras." Alucard said.

"Ah! Master!" Seras smiled brightly. "It's nice to have you back, Master."

"Yes...It seems you've become even stronger, Police Girl." Alucard noted.

I smiled. It had been so long since someone called her "Police Girl". I could tell by her expression that she had somewhat missed the name.

But, she sighed. Then, she brightly smiled. "Yes, sir! Amelia helps me train every day!"

"Oh really?" Alucard looked at me from the corner of his eye, a smirk on his face, as always.

"Yes, sir. Ever since I kept telling her that you'd return she said she would train me so I would please your standards." Seras nodded.

My eyes slightly widened and I frowned a little. "Seras, you weren't supposed to-" I yelped when Alucard threw me over his shoulder.

"Excuse us, Police Girl."

"Wha-" Sears began.

Alucard left the room with me in tow.

"Alucard! Where are we going?" I sighed.

"Downstairs." Alucard simply answered.

"And, if I may ask, why?"

"To have some...private time." Alucard chuckled.

"Private? What is that suppose to mean?!" I blushed.

"Well, I only meant to talk but if you wish to do something else, I'd be fine with that." Alucard said.

"No, no we can talk!" I quickly replied.

"Hm...Wasn't it you who thought, and I'm quoting, 'I want to be as close to him as possible. I can't lose him again'?" I felt him stepping down the stairs.

"You read that from my mind?!" I pouted.

"Yes I did. It's not that big of a deal. Besides," Alucard swung me off his shoulder, placing me in his throne. "I thought it was a cute thought." His face was very close to my own.

I blushed. "Well, it's cute to hear you say 'cute'."

Alucard chuckled. "Thank you." Alucard picked me up again before sitting down and placing me on his lap. I blushed a little at the position. I moved a little so my back was against his side and my legs were hanging off the side of his knees. Alucard chuckled again, wrapping an arm around my waist.