Chapter 2: The Garden

Sunday evening arrived much faster than I expected. Sarah helped me in picking a dress once again. It was black and red with large, flowing sleeves. But, it was slim and flowed down to my toes. I wore black heels again but no jewelry.

I folded my hands together as I waited for my uncle in the main hall. When he did walk out, a hazy look was in his eyes.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Uncle, I've told you many times. I'm going to the castle once again." I answered. "Do you not remember?"

"No, I don't. Now, why are you going there?"

"I am meeting with someone." I replied.

My uncle narrowed his eyes. "Who?"

I chuckled. "You truly do not remember, do you? Well, before you rudely came and interrupted, the Count had asked we meet again."

"The Count?!" My uncle shouted.

"Yes, Uncle. Now, if you excuse me, I must go. Sarah, take good care of him. Robert, please escort me to the castle." I patted my uncle's hand before going to the door.

Robert was the one to control the carriage while Sarah and my uncle stayed behind. I sat in the carriage, playing with my fingers. It had been a very long time since I was nervous to see a man. I had always been calm but the Count made me feel flustered and shy. I suppose it was his charm and handsome features.

The carriage came to a stop and Robert helped me out of the carriage. We walked inside the castle together and saw Vlad speaking with a butler. Vlad looked at me from the corner of his eye and a smile came across his lips.

Vlad turned towards me before walking my way. He took my hand in his, placing his lips gently on my knuckles. "I am glad you came. It seems you've gotten even more beautiful in only a matter of a few days."

I blushed. "Thank you, Count. And it seems your charms have only grown more and more." Vlad released my hand and held out his arm to take. I looked at Robert. "Robert, could you please excuse us?"

"Yes, of course, Mistress." Robert bowed. I smiled and took Vlad's arm.

"I hope you have not eaten yet. My servants have prepared us dinner." Vlad said.

"I have not eaten. I have no doubts the food will be excellent." I answered.

Vlad led me into a room with a dining table and chairs. He pulled out one of the chairs for me, smiling. I thanked him and sat down. He pushed in my chair and sat across from me. Candles were on the table. Servants then came and placed food in front of us and we ate in silence.

When we finished, Vlad pulled out my chair. I thanked him once again and stood.

"Ms. Valancourt, I would like to show you something." Vlad took my hand in his, kissing the top of it like he had done so many other times.

"Of course, Count. And, there is no need to treat me so highly. I'm just like any other woman, not a queen." I chuckled.

Vlad smiled. But, he still held my hand. "I believe otherwise, Ms. Valancourt." He intertwined our fingers and began leading me somewhere.

"Count? May I ask where we are going?" I was slightly behind him.

"To the garden." Vlad replied. He opened a door and kept leading the way.

When we were outside, Vlad stopped under a gazebo. I looked to see roses wrapped all along the gazebo. In the actual garden, many different varieties of colors of flowers were splayed across the ground.

"This is very beautiful, Count." I said.

"I have seen more beautiful things." Vlad looked me in the eyes. The bright moon was reflected in his blue ones as well as a few stars.

I blushed. "Oh, you couldn't be referring to me."

"And if I was?" Vlad smiled.

"Well, I would believe you would be mistaken."

"Why is that?" Vlad replied.

"I think there are more beautiful women and things than I." I chuckled.

"I must disagree. I have not seen anything that can match your beauty."

"You flatter me too much, Count. There are many-"

"Ms. Valancourt, I hope you realize that I haven't been speaking of your looks alone." Vlad whispered.

"Hm?" I was surprised.

"I find your personality to be a work of beauty." Vlad rubbed his thumb on the back of my hand.

"Oh? W-Well, thank you." I stuttered then scowled. "I stuttered..."

Vlad chuckled. "Is that a bad thing?"

"I dislike it when someone stutters, including myself." I answered.

"Hm...I see." Vlad nodded. "Ms. Valancourt."

"Yes?" I replied.

"I would like you to come back tomorrow. I wish to know everything about you." Vlad said.

"Everything?" I smiled.

"Yes. Everything." Vlad chuckled.

"Well, on one condition, Count."

"And that would be?" Vlad asked.

"If I get to know everything there is to know about you." I smiled again.

"Of course, Ms. Valancourt." Vlad agreed.

"Well, until we meet again, Count." I left the gazebo.

Fingers laced with mine again and I turned around, surprised. Vlad smiled as he lifted my hand up to his lips and kissed it again.

"When will you stop doing this?" I chuckled.

"Never." Vlad whispered huskily, making my blood run up to my cheeks. Vlad's smile grew when he saw my cheeks redden and released my hand. "I look forward to seeing you tomorrow, Ms. Valancourt."

~~~

Short chapter I know -.-