Chapter 12

A couple of months have past, as I am completely recovered from my whole depression. Bridgit came to visit me everyday when she found out by David that I was at the hospital. She would tell me about the drama I missed at school, such as Amanda was caught having a sexual relationship with a teacher. Her parents had to take her out of school and now Amanda goes to an all girls private school. When Bridgit told me that, I was so happy. I’m finally bullied free! Later on, I forgot that Prom was coming up this Saturday. I totally forgot to go shopping for a dress. Right after school, my mom, Bridgit and myself went shopping for prom dresses. To be honest, I’m not a type of girl who likes to wear puffy dresses. I think its ridiculous to buy a puffy dress to only wear it once. I may have a feeling that my dress would be simple, but I don’t care. Saturday started to come closer and closer. I was somewhat nervous, but at the same time, I was excited. I felt nervous about the talks behind my back. I felt that it was my fault that Amanda left, I don’t know. On the bright side, I felt excited since it was my first time going to a school’s dance. I wanted to see the decorations, the teachers dressed up and just the atmosphere of being there. Saturday finally came, as I got up early to eat breakfast with my mom. As we were eating, there was a knocking on the door. My mom asked, “I wonder who that would be?” I ran to the door and it was Bridgit with her make-up bag in one hand and her dress in the other. “Bridgit, what are you doing here so early?” I asked. She smiled at me and walked inside my house. She said, “Well, I’m here to help you get ready for tonight and to walk with you when we arrive at prom” as she places her equipment on the kitchen table. I couldn’t help but smile big. Now, I’m more excited to go to prom. Hours had past, as I got ready for prom. My hair was in curls, Bridgit made my make-up look natural, my dress was a simple white lace dress. My dress looked exactly like a dress that a country girl would wear. As I looked at myself in the mirror, I looked completely different. My mom stands behind me and places her hands on my shoulders. Her eyes started to look watery and said, “You look beautiful Julie, I wish your father and brother can see you now.” I turned around and said, “they are here” I placed my hand on her heart and said, “They are, right here always.” My mom started to hug me tight. Bridgit comes in my room and she looked amazing! Her long black hair was straightened, her make-up was added more compared to mine, and her dress was a long aqua-green dress. Bridgit asked, “You ready?” and I smiled at her, and said, “Yeah I’m ready, let’s go.” We both started to walk out of the house, as my mom starts to drive us at this hotel called, “CC & DC Luxury.” I started to feel nervous when I recognized some people from school. Bridgit looks at me and said, “Don’t worry about them, we are going to have a blast, just the two of us.” I smiled at her and let out a deep breath. Bridgit opens the car door and she steps out. My mom said, “ Have a good time Julie, and just call me when you guys are done.” I told her, “I love you mom and I will” as I closed the car door. Bridgit and I started to follow the crowd. As we entered, the ballroom was decorated with lights hanging everywhere. The tables were nicely decorated with large white and red roses and the whole ballroom was decorated in a London theme. There were those cops or I’m guessing security guard that were dressed in those red suits with those big fuzzy hats. The security guards looked so serious. Now I realized why the tickets were shaped like those red phone booths. Bridgit and I were so amazed at everything. Where the DJ was at, the Big Ben clock was right behind him. I for sure felt I was at London. Prom just looked amazing and I know for sure that it’s going to be a good night.

(David’s POV)

I arrived at Prom late, thanks to my older cousin Jeremy. I started to run down the hotel until I found the ballroom. As I got there, it looked like I’ve traveled all the way to London. The decorations were really good. I started to admire the decorations such as the Big Ben that was behind the DJ, the lights hanging everywhere, and the security guards were dressed also in characters like those guards with those big fuzzy black hats. Man, I feel sorry for them. Overall, I think this Prom is going to be amazing. I sat with a couple of my friends from my other classes as we started to eat. The food was baked chicken with mash-potatoes and vegetables. It was really tasty that once you take a bite of the mash-potatoes, it will just melt on your tongue. It was so good, and don’t get me started on the desert. Anyways, everyone started to dance, as the DJ started to play fast songs. I was about to go, but I’m just too full to move. Once the music started to get slower, the DJ said on the microphone, “Is everyone having a good time!” everyone yelled. “Alright Fellas, its time to slow things down. So bring out your special lady to the dance floor, this song is for all the lovers out there.” The DJ said as he plays the song. I started to think about Julie. Is she here? Did she come with someone? She can’t be with someone, not after that moment we shared? The minute I started to think about her, that’s when I need to find her.  I got up my seat and began to look for Julie. I wasn’t able to find Julie anywhere, until this girl with an aqua-green long dress bumps into me. “Oh sorry, I didn’t see you there.” Her eyes grew big when she saw whom I was. “David? Oh my goodness! I’ve been looking for you every where!” at first I was surprised that it Bridgit that I bumped into. She looked different. “Bridgit! Wow! You look amazing! And you were?” I asked here. Bridgit pulls me somewhere so we can hear each other talk properly cause in the ballroom was so loud. “Yeah I was looking for silly! Julie came with me and I think it’s time for you to tell her tonight how you feel about her.” Bridgit says as we walk down the hotel. I stopped her and told her, “You’re right. Tonight is the night, but you have to show me where she is.” Bridgit smiles big at me and takes my hand as she leads me to Julie. We entered back inside the ballroom and Bridgit stops. “She’s over there near the drinks.” She points to the girl with the short white lace dress. She lets me go and I started to walk towards Julie. In my head I’m thinking, “How am I going to approach her? Should I be like, Excuse miss Anderson, care to dance? No, that’s too formal or should I be like, hey Julie, care to dance? Nah I sound silly.” I stared to get closer and closer to her. I took a deep breath and tap her shoulder.

(Julie’s POV)

The moment I heard his voice, I knew and felt that it was David standing behind me. I turned around slowly and I was right. David was wearing a black suit with a white button shirt and a black bowtie. He stands in front of me and said nervously, “Hi.” I looked at him straight in those blue grayish eyes of his and said hi back. I felt nervous like him also since the whole moment we shared. I don’t know how I should act around him now. He asked, “Care to dance?” putting his hand out. I took a look at his hand and thought, Could this be it? I smiled at him and said, “I would like that.” David smiled with relief and started to lead me to the dance floor. He took my hands and placed them around his neck. He then placed his hands around my waist. We started to sway very slowly, and it was cool. I’m glad that David was the first guy I would slow dance with. David looks at me with passionate eyes and said, “You look really beautiful Julie and I don’t know who else I would be with to share this moment. There’s something I really need to tell you.” I started to feel my heart pounding super fast. This is it, this is the moment that David will tell me how he feels about me. I said, “Yeah David?” When he was about to say it, the music stopped playing and everyone around us stopped dancing. What’s going on? I asked myself. We both stopped dancing and we looked around. The principle, Mr. Johnson came up towards the front with two envelopes in his hands. I’m guessing it was time to announce the Prom King and Queen. Principle Johnson said to the crowd, “Okay it’s the moment you all been waiting for! The moment to announce your King and Queen.” Everyone started cheering and clapping so hard. He then calmed down the crowd and began to speak. He said, “ You’re Prom King is? William Carter!” Everyone started to cheer for him. He was one of the popular football players. They placed the crown on his head and he did is his signature move whenever he scores a touchdown. The whole crowd got under control with cheering. Principle Johnson had to be stricter with the crowd to announce the Prom Queen.  Principle Johnson said,” And you’re prom queen is? Julie Anderson!” The spotlight was on me? How could I win, if I didn’t even campaign for it? I was so shocked! I couldn’t move. How is this possible? Mr. Johnson asked, “Julie Anderson, are you here?” I was frozen. That can’t be me. I slowly started to walk towards the front while everyone started to glance at me. They placed the crown on my head and everyone started to clap but in an awkward rhythm. Mr. Johnson then announces, “And now here is your Prom King and Queen, the dance floor is all yours.”  William took my hand and led me to the dance floor. I was still shocked to move. I felt awkward dancing with someone I never met at all. While we were dancing, David came to interrupt the dance. He said, “Can I dance with her?” William gave him nod and he walked away. I felt so relief that he came. David placed his hands on my waist and I placed my hands around his neck. I asked him, “How did this even happened?” He smiled looking down and said, “ Bridgit and I made a campaign for you when you were at the hospital. We told people about how strong you were with Amanda being around and how she bullied you. It turns out that Amanda has been bulling everyone around campus. The people who voted for you felt sorry but they also understand how it feels to be bullied. In fact, we were surprised also, but at the end, what counts is that you get to have a perfect night.” David places one of his hands against my cheek and said, “Julie, for the moment we met and the drama we faced, I want to tell you that you are the only one I care about. I love you so much and I want you to know that I’m here for you always. I care about you so much and I know you’re probably thinking that you don’t feel the same way, but.” I cut him off and said, “I love you too David. I have always loved you since the first day we met. You are the only one I care about also and there’s no one in this world that I would spend this night with than you.” David started to lean in for a kiss and I let him. The long lasting kiss that I’ve been waiting for has finally happened. The sweet taste of lips is the perfection of a kiss that most girls dreamt of. From that moment, tonight was the night and I know for sure that David will always be the only one.

THE END!!!