Chapter 2

The moment I thought on what else can go wrong, something different happen to me. While I was listening to my music, a clueless guy bumps into me and knocks over my books. I took out my earplugs and told him, “What the flip! Can’t you see I’m walking here?” the clueless guy said, “I’m sorry, it’s my fault, I should look up more instead of looking at this dumb map.” “You’re new here huh?” I told him and he said, “Yeah, this school is huge compared to my old one.” The look on this guys face sense that he wasn’t kidding. He was surely clueless. I told him, “Let me see your schedule.” He handed it to me and I start leading him to his class. He asks, “So what happen to you?” At first, I was like what dies he mean, but then I realized that my shirt had the big stain from Amanda’s latte. I told him, “Oh, it’s not none of your business.” I know I feel like a total jerk to him, but he’s the first guy I really had a conversation with. The guy said, “Oh, sorry I asked.” I started to walk a little faster, since I was already being late to my first class. I stopped at room 425 and told him, “ Here’s your class, once you get out, wait for me here, I’ll show you where your other rooms are at.” The guy said, “ Thanks.” “No problem” I said and started to walk to my class. “Wait!” the guy said, and I said, “What?” and he said, “ I didn’t get your name?” I was going to lie about my name since I hate it so much, but never mind. “It’s Julie.” He said, “Thanks, mine’s David.” He enters the room and I started to walk faster. I started thinking, did I actually made a friend? After all my years here, I finally had a conversation with someone? Wow, this is ironic. The people here at this joint would run away from me, but this guy was clueless to not even notice. What should I do now? Do I like hangout with him more? This is so new to me; I’m just as clueless as him. Should I give it a shot? I guess, but I know that if it works, I’m still going to be the one that everyone runs away from when he notices more that I’m not like others around here. To be honest, I totally forgot his name. Was it Joe? Mark? Sam? I know it’s something with a D. Oh! Now I remember, it’s David. Yeah, once David notices that I’m a monster, he’s not going to be around me anymore with those gray eyes he has. With those skinny chicken legs he has. With those muscular arms he has or wait, even better that side cute smile that all guys do, now that’s a killer to go. What did I just do? Did I actually say cute? No, that can be true. Did I just describe him with just a simple stare? Okay, I have lost my mind. This is so not me. Throughout the rest of my day, I kept my word on helping David out on his first day. He started explaining to me that his old school had a lot of riots everyday, the principle got caught having a sexual relationship with a student, and how the teachers was getting bullied by the students. The whole time, I was like is he serious? It’s just too crazy to hear all this, but by the way he explained it, he wasn’t kidding. “That is just to insane!” I told him and he said, “Yeah, I know right? That’s why I had to get out of there.” I told him, “Well this joint is not like that, but there are times where I wish I was home schooled, but that’s just me.” He smiled and nodded to a sense that I was joking. The last bell rings as we continued to walk down the halls. I told him, “Well I’ll see you around David.” as I walked out the school. “Wait.” He said, I turned around and said, “What?” and he said, “Thanks for showing me around. Maybe we can hangout sometime?” Hearing that phrase felt like a slap on the face. Was he serious? Does he really want to be my friend? I was surprised. As I’m thinking on what to say back to him, my mom’s car comes up in front of me. “Well?” David asked. “Oh, um No problem and yeah sure, I’ll see you tomorrow.” “Great! Bye.” David smiled as I opened the car door. Is this really happening? My mom looks at me and asks, “Is everything okay Julie?” I shake off the questions going on in my head and told her, “Yeah, I guess.” My mom starts to head home.