Two

Today's just any normal Saturday. I'm laying on my bed flipping through my magazines, knowing of nothing to do. I could study for my driver's test....but then again, flipping through a magazine is much more entertaining than studying. Yes, yes, I know. I still haven't passed my driver's test and I'm a senior. Chris and Avery already tease me enough about that.

I'm not like all those other teenagers who are excited to get in the car and drive. The only places I like to go to are within walking distance of my house: the mall and Starbucks.

I could use something to do so I was going to go to the mall, not for shopping purposes but just to walk around and look. I figured I shouldn't go alone so why not invite Avery! I would invite Chris too, but even though I'm just going for something to do, he considers any idea of going to the mall, "shopping."

I'm not a shopaholic like most teenage girls are. I will occasionally buy something cute from Forever 21 and that's about it. Now, Avery. She's the EXACT opposite of me. She will buy anything she lays her eyes on and thinks is cute. She will want to walk into every single store and try on the whole store. I guess she'd be considered one of those people you classify as "rich."

Speaking of her I should probably text her.

To: Aves <3

Hey, thinking about going to the mall, wanna come with me PLEEEEAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEEEEE

From: Aves<3

Sure, I'd love to! I'm bringing extra money because I know how stubborn you can be with money :)

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Avery loves to use me as her dress-up doll. We went to the mall sometime ago and she put together a cute outfit for me. She shoved it in my face and pushed me into a changing room. I knew she was holding the door shut so I couldn't get out and she wasn't going to let me out until I tried it on. I changed and waved my hand over the door to let her know I was done. She released her grip from the door and let me walk out to show her how I looked. I liked the outfit she put together but it was for more of a special occasion. Plus when I totaled up the cost of the whole outfit, it was way out of my price range even though my mom gave me extra money that day. I signed to her that I couldn't buy it because I didn't have enough money. She knew I was lying because A) I'm a terrible liar and B) I almost never buy anything and have all my money saved up. She kept nagging me about buying it and I'd had enough. I went back into the changing room, changed out of the clothes and walked out of the store and did not go back for the rest of the day. She ended up buying it for me though. I didn't sign to her for the rest of the shopping trip because I didn't want the outfit. When we got back to my house, she told my mom about the whole situation and my mom made me keep it. Now whenever I get in my closet and see it, I feel bad that she spent all that money on an outfit for me that I never even wore.

Anyways, back to the conversation:

To: Aves<3

Okie dokers! Will be there in 5!

From: Aves<3

Alrightly then! :)

I walked to her house which wasn't that far from the mall. She could walk and be at the mall in under 10 minutes whereas I would take a good 15-20 minutes. I still walk anyways. Exercise is good for you right?

I walked up her porch steps and rang the doorbell. I hadn't even taken my finger off the buzzer and she was already stumbling out of the house.

"I'll be back soon mom!" she hollered over her shoulder as she shut the front door.

"Hey!" she hugged me. "How's your Saturday been?"

Boring, I signed back.

"Yeah, mine too. Except for the fact my mom & I were fighting again. That's why I was in such a rush to get out the door."