The Adventures Of Huckleberry Finn

Alright guys, i would like your opinion..

In the United States, this book is on A LOT of school's required reading lists, it was just banned in another district because of the "N word" you know, the derogatory word to refer to those of a darker skin color. 

There has also been talk on re writing the book to change the word to something else. 

I would like to know your take on if it should be banned or not. 

Personally, i think it's absolutely ridiculous that it's being banned! The book was written/published in 1884, it's an old book. Is slavery okay? No, it's not. It it alright to treat those of color like they're second class citizens? Absolutely not. Is it okay to refer to a person of color as the N word.. No. it's not. 

Actually, it's not okay to refer to any race in a derogatory way like that, i don't care if you're black, white, brown, yellow, purple or orange. i don't care if you're African American, African, English, Spanish, Cuban, Swedish, Chinese, German, etc... racism is not okay... ever.. period. 

BUT! In 1884 Those of color were second class citizens, they were slaves and maids and treated like they were less of people because of their color. They were talk down to and referred to as that N word and that was how the world was. Again... is that okay? Was that right? NO! Of course not.

But to take that book out of schools and tell people, oh it's too racist to read.. is robbing kids of an important lesson. That book was written with that word in it for a reason, it was to show what life was like and it shows how far society has come in a lot of places. 

Will racism ever go away? No. Racism is always going to be in life somewhere in this world and it's a sad and heartbreaking truth that some can't see past the color of someone's skin to see what an amazing person they truly are. 

The Adventures Of Huckleberry Finn was a wonderful book in my opinion. It wasn't this burden that i had to read it either. 

We also read Hiroshima and had to hear details about what America, as a country, did to Japan. It was a heartbreaking book. 

We read Night, a sad book written by/about a boy in a concentration camp with his father, the awful things he saw and had to endure to survive.

You better believe there were racist comments in those books too. Books show you other people lived. Adventures Of Huckleberry Finn is so great because it's real and it's honest on how life was a hundred and thirty years ago. 

Anyway, that's my opinion, i'd like to hear yours. Probably won't get a lot though, sadly.