The Jerk Actor & His Nerdy Apprentice [11]

Part Eleven

Kayla

The week went a little rougher than expected. Melanie tried to cause drama, but in turn failed. She eventually just gave up - after throwing a hissy fit, of course. Alex got offered multiple movie deals, which he had declined all but one; War of Land Henderson. It's an underwater tale about how people in the future had evolved to the oxygen within water, no longer needing air. There are two rulers; the Prince and the Princess. When the former royals pass because of an attacking, the daughter must step up and be Princess. The problem is, she has been isolated her whole life and must choose a prince. What happens? The land of Henderson results to war.

I was so interested in the idea, that I had Alex snag a rough copy of the script for me, just to read and enjoy. He knew I'd never use these ideas myself as my own. A true actress was better than that.

Speaking of being a true actress, my rehearsals for the movie had been getting a tad irritating. The directors were expecting so much more out of me than I could give, I was about to break down in tears; up until Lucas pulled me to the side.

"This is your first gig, I understand it's getting harder as we're getting into the movie in even more depth. It's more pressure because the deadline to the movie is inching closer and closer than ever. You just have to keep it cool, stay determined, and try as hard as you possibly can. And when they ask for more, they're not trying to force you into anything you can't do. They're stretching your current mindset abilities, because they know you can do so much more."

After that, I saw improvement in myself, and was quite proud. Not too proud, though, because I then realized I really could do better with my acting skills, I just needed practice.

Once I got home Friday night, I typed into my weekly blog, and posted some pictures as well. That was the one thing I even shocked myself with. I had also gotten an email from Mr. Owsley about how he saw the magazines and papers about me and Alex, and would like me to kindly explain; which I did. I told him what happened, that Alex and I were just friends now, and even threw in that I was going on a date the next day. Mr. Owsley knew that I was honest, so he thanked me for telling him, and wished me luck on the assignment.

Now it was Saturday and my heart was beating loudly in my chest. I had just taken a shower, blow dried my hair, and put on my undergarments. I was going through my closet, trying to decide what to wear. John had not told me where he was taking us yet, so I had no idea what to wear. I felt like I should've back in high school; getting ready for a date with a boy that made me smile at just the simple text of 'hey'.

I hadn't known the boy for a week and I was already freaking about anything I said or did; what he would think of it. What was going on with me? This feeling was so.. Foreign, that I didn't even have a name for it.

After standing around for fifteen minutes, I decided that I was being ridiculous. Just pick something in between. Plus, I mean, he asked me out while I was in a hoodie, tank, basketball shorts, and converse.. He couldn't care that much about what I wore.

Sighing, I grabbed a slim-fitting black tank top and slipped it on over my body. Then I grabbed some black skinny jeans. I was a bit too short, so they were ruffled slightly around my ankles. I practically ripped my soft green, see-through button-up over shirt while getting it off the hanger. I left the shirt opened, to reveal my tank top.

When I went for the shoes, I bit my lip, trying to decide on the appropriate footwear. Converse were good everywhere for me, but what if we were going to some fancy restaurant? Biting my lip harder, I decided to go for the heels I had never worn. My grandma had bought them for me, for the high school prom; which I hadn't gone to. They were great heels, but I had no date and despised the theme that our attire had to fit with; fairytale.