Chapter Fourteen - Keep Your Diamonds, Give Me Drills

The ugly fucker from outside didn't hesitate before charging back out of the room. I spared a thought for Kitty but didn't have time to really think about her.

I aimed quickly for Bash and Stab's head before pulling the trigger three times. It didn't slow her down and I threw my gun onto the shelves behind me. Grabbing the racking I pulled myself up onto the first shelf so the giant didn't have quite such a big advantage.

She began by swinging her clubbing hand at me and I had to swing to the right to avoid her. In my haste to scramble onto the top shelf I kicked my gun right off and it hit the floor with a clatter.   

"For fuck sake." I shouted, as I felt strangely more annoyed than pissed off. Of course I was still angry and kicked out hard at the bitches face without hesitation, breaking her nose and coaxing a pained growl.

With a drill still in one hand I pulled the axe from my belt and pushed myself along the shelf. Enraged Bash and Stab whipped her arm out towards me and without even thinking I brought down axe with so much force that when it hit the metal shelf it bounced off so hard I almost dropped it. The fingers actually twitched for a second after they had been severed, it was a gruesome sight.

I took my chance to follow through on the vague plan I had constructed when I had started to climb up the shelves and stood into a low crouch, bouncing slightly. With deep anger on her face she roared and came towards me just as I launched myself in the air.

It wasn't easy to jump on the huge zombie while avoiding its huge fist and hitting her face with my face, we were at the perfect level. She literally was the kiss of death. Her arm was raised as if to take a swing at me as I hit her, holding the drill out in front of me. It went straight through her eyeball and I was sprayed with gross eye juice. With my legs now wrapped around her waist she staggered back and I swung my axe at the side of her skull as her meaty arm slammed against my back we fell all the way to the floor, my face not even a foot away from hers.

As we hit the floor I managed to brace myself so I didn't faceplant her but the wind was knocked right out of me. Bash and Stab was still staring at me but thankfully her eyes were much more dead than before.

"Alex! Are you ok?" Kitty asked, skidding into the room before taking in my current position. "Or do you need a moment."

"Oh shut up." I panted as I rolled off the corpse, having to push up its ridiculous club hand.

She was still grinning but Kitty walked over quickly and helped to lift the weight off me. I groaned as my back touched the hard floor beneath me.

"You going to be ok?" Kitty asked. "I had a look through the window and the whole town is deserted. We should go now before anything else shows up."

"Ok, help me up." I instructed, still trying to ease my aching lungs. Kitty grabbed my hand and pulled me up slowly.

I felt as if I'd been beaten up by a mutant zombie, simple as that. I took a second to stretch before salvaging my axe and drill while Kitty went to retrieve my gun and then like a little old lady I limped from the room.

"How did you kill it?" I asked as we passed the second mutated zombie.

"A bullet to the back of the neck paralyzed his left side, it was pretty easy after that. Although," She added, pulling up her shirt to reveal a blossoming bruise of purple and blue. "he did get a parting shot in."

"Better than biting a chunk out of you." I reminded her.

"Agreed." She admitted lightly.