Chapter Fourteen

The run back to the hotel was more of a sprint as they practically raced back to their suite. Her dress was barely zipped up, flying everywhere in the warm wind that was streaming through the palm trees. She looked over to where Tobias's hand was holding hers in a death grip as they dashed across the street. Even though he had been limping when they were walking on the beach, his running was practiced and graceful.

Only three of the middle buttons on his shirt were connected together, his pink tie flapping wildly in the breeze. By the time their feet connected with the marble floor, her hunger for him was so intense she literally ached for him to finally take her.

From behind the concierge counter, the Angler's employee gave them a strange look, probably wondering why they were breathing so heavily. Jane didn't give the blonde-haired lady a second glance, only tugging Tobias up the stairs and to the glorious room that awaited them.

The sound of their hurried steps echoed along the stairwell. No talking. No physical contact except for the holding of hands. Nothing. Only a concentrated air around them that spoke of rushed, raw activities in bed.

Unlacing her hand from his, she fumbled with the key card until she finally managed to slide it into the automated lock and open up the door with shaking hands. With a resounding click the door was shut, the sound emanating throughout the expanse of their room.

Her eyes locked onto his as soon as he turned around. Then he was on her. In a whirlwind of movement, she was pressed up against the solid, wooden door, kissing him back with as much ferocity as he was demanding from her. Snaking her arms around his neck, she crushed her mouth more securely to his, thrusting her tongue into the warm cavern. Tangling their tongues together, she wrapped her legs around his waist as she was slammed once again back into the door.

Somehow, after what was an age of roughly clashing tongues and teeth, they got his shirt off, revealing the top half of himself to her. With only the moonlight streaming through the balcony, the light dusting of his chest hair glinted, and she couldn't help but press her hand against the small hairs' rough yet velvet-like texture. His hand held hers against his chest, right over where his heart was beating strong and sure.

“Jane,” he whispered into her ear, allowing her bare feet to touch the plush, gold carpet. “I need you.”

She was practically soaring as those words registered in the lust-filled haze she was currently in. Motioning her head to the king-sized bed in the center of the large suite, she placed a possessive kiss on his neck as he lifted her up in his arms and carried her over to the bed. Golden, satin sheets with piles of white, Egyptian cotton pillows heaped next to the meticulously molded, iron-slatted headboard were what made up the exquisite bed.

He flipped her over so that her back was turned to him and pressed her down into the soft quilt with the light touch of his hands. She felt as the zipper was slowly being drawn down the expanse of her long back and shivered at his touch. The strapless material was soon slid down her bare legs and thrown somewhere into the room.

“You're amazing,” he breathed, flipping her onto her back.

She saw that he had opted to keep his black dress pants on. Moving to stand up so that she could touch him, she was surprised when he grabbed her underneath the shoulders and literally threw her entire body across the bed so that her head was comfortably resting against a pillow.

He laid down right beside her, bringing her close enough so that her lace-covered breasts were pressed against him. Dipping his head down, he suckled and bit at her lips until she finally twisted her tongue with his. Throwing her arm over his broad shoulder, she scratched her recently manicured nails against the hot flesh, causing him to groan into her mouth.