Chapter 12

I woke up the next morning, the sun streaming in through the windows and the biggest smile on my face. My thoughts straight away went back to last night and my kiss with Lux. A knock on my door abruptly bought me back to reality.

“Come in!” I called, a big goofy grin still plastered on my face.

Tammy opened the door and came and sat on my bed next to me. After one look at my ridiculous smile she asked “Wow, did you have that much fun with Dylan last night?”

I felt a slight wave of guilt that it wasn’t Dylan who had put the smile on my face. I felt horrible for kissing a different person when I was on a date with him, but what he didn’t know wouldn’t hurt him.

“Actually it’s not Dylan...” I trailed off as she looked at me questioningly.

At her confused expression, I proceeded to tell her everything, from the kiss on the beach with Lux and him avoiding me after too what happened last night at the pizzeria. Once I was finished, Tammy looked at me for a moment, mouth hanging open in shock before she squealed and bounced up and down like a five year old hyped up on sugar.   

“How could you not tell me sooner? Oh My God, I knew he liked you!”

I laughed as I replied “I didn’t think it was a big deal to start with”

She threw her hands up in the air “Not a big deal?! It’s Lux Tyler!” She giggled again

“I really am happy for you Mia...” she paused and her expression turned serious before she added “Just promise me you’ll be careful okay? You’re my best friend and I don’t want to see you get hurt”

My heart warmed, I really was incredibly lucky to have a friend like Tammy “Thank you Tammy, I promise I’ll be careful”

“No problem. Now you’re going to get dressed and then we can head over to the diner for milkshakes”

“Sounds good, I’ll meet you out front in like an hour?”

“Cool” she said beaming and skipping out of my room.

I saw my laptop sitting on the nightstand next to me and decided I should email my mom before heading out – I haven’t spoken to her in a while.

I fired it up and opened my email. There was one already there waiting, ironically from my mamma. I opened it up. 

From: HayesRanch@live.co.uk

Date: Saturday September 7, 2012. 12:25am

To: Amelialovespizza@hotmail.com

Subject: Buzzing!

Hey honey,

I knew you probably wouldn’t have a lot of time for a phone call, so I thought I’d send you an email instead. I just wanted you to know how much we all miss you and we hope that California is everything you hoped it would be. Write me back when you get the chance.

All my love,

Mamma x

P.S. Grams told me to tell you, you’d better not be pregnant ;)

From: Amelialovespizza@hotmail.com

Date: Saturday September 7, 2012. 12:28am

To: HayesRanch@live.co.uk

Subject: Buzzing!

Hi mamma!