Chapter 11

“So, let me check I got this right. You got completely drunk, threw up in front of Lux who then took you back to his place, gave you his shirt to borrow and then slept in the same bed as you.” Tammy said as we pulled in the drive way.

“Yep that’s about it”

“You lucky sonofabitch!” Tammy shouted, causing me to giggle.

We got out of the car and I remembered Tammy leaving with that guy.

“So, where did you go last night?” I asked, bumping Tammy’s shoulder

“Well, let’s just say I slept in someone else’s bed too” she said, winking at me.

“Come on, I want details!”

Tammy laughed “Okay, how about this; we have a girly day at the beach and we can catch up”

“Okay, sounds good” I said smiling.

“Great, I’ll call the girls and we’ll go in like an hour” she beamed back.

                              * * *  

I threw my hair up into a ponytail and grabbed my white bikini out of the draw. After it was on, I put my crop top and ripped denim shorts on over the top. Grabbing my beach bag, I headed out to the living room to wait for Tammy. After a few minutes she walked in wearing a flowery sundress over her bikini.

“You ready to go? The girls are going to meet us on the beach” she said, putting her sunglasses on

“Yeah, let’s go”

We headed round to the back of the porch and down the steps to the beach. I spotted Emily’s fiery red hair straight away and we made our way down to her and the others.

“Hey guys” Tammy called as we approached

“Hey!” Alex called

I dropped my bag on the sand and laid out my beach towel next to Pagan’s before sitting down. I stared out across the beautiful blue water and breathed in the salty air, soaking up the sun. Pagan nudged me with her elbow.

“So Mia, how’d it go with Lux last night?” she asked, with one eyebrow raised.

“How did-“

I was cut off when Alex and Emily came and sat down in front of us “Tammy told us when she called” Emily declared.

I looked over at Tammy who held her hands up in mock innocence.

“Come on! I wanna know all the details” Alex squealed

I laughed and rolled my eyes before launching in to the story of everything that happened with Lux last night. Considering the amount I had to drink, I felt pretty good.

“Oh My God Mia! You’re so lucky! I can’t believe he did that for you, that’s so sweet!” Emily gushed

I let out a short laugh. “Yeah it was sweet up until this morning; he just left me” I said looking down at my hands in my lap, once again feeling the rejection and disappointment.

“Listen Mia, I don’t know why Lux would just leave like he did, but he has never done for ANYONE what he did for you last night.” Pagan said

“You know, she’s right” Tammy pointed out. “Lux is a total player, he fucks girls and leaves em which he could have so easily done last night with anyone he wanted – but instead he chose to take you back to his and look after you.”

Was Tammy right?

Maybe she had a point... No!

I couldn’t let myself think like that.