Chapter 8

“What’s your favourite scary movie?”

Shit! I didn’t realise how much of a wimp I was! It was only the opening scenes and already I was scared out of my mind! I moved my pillow up higher so it was covering most of my face, only leaving a small gap for me to see. 

“You never told me your name.”

“Why do you want to know my name?”

“Because I want to know who I’m looking at...”

A loud knock on the door caused me and Tammy to scream, holding onto each other for dear life.

“Who is it?” Tammy cried, anxiously.

“It’s Lux... Is everything okay?”

Shit! I can’t believe I forgot!

Tammy looked over at me questioningly, while mouthing “Why is Lux here?!”

“I’m so sorry I forgot to tell you! We have this assignment to do for Humanities.” I whispered back apologetically.

I jumped up and as I made my way to the door, I caught my reflection is the hall mirror. Oh God. I looked a mess! My hair was thrown in a messy bun and I was wearing plaid boy shorts and an over sized cream jumper.

Great.

I startled at another knock at the door. Deciding I didn’t care how I looked, I ran down the hall and opened the door.

Damn.

He looked too good in his faded, ripped jeans. The white t-shirt he was wearing fit him perfectly and stretched across his muscled shoulders. I could see a tattoo on his left bicep and I couldn’t help the thoughts that were running through my mind.

Finally meeting Lux’s gaze, I flushed scarlet as I saw the smirk playing on his lips, he’d obviously caught me staring.

Crap.

“You forgot.” He stated matter-of-factly, his eyes roaming slowly down my body and back up again causing a blush to spread across my cheeks.  

I rolled my eyes at him. “Are you coming in or not?” I asked opening the door wider for him.

He let out a low chuckle that caused a shiver to race through my body as he brushed past me. He walked past me as if he owned the place and we walked through into the living room where Tammy was still sat curled up on the couch watching the rest of Scream.

“Hey, Tammy?”

“Huh?” Was her only response, her eyes still glued to the screen.

“We’re gonna head out to the beach and do our assignment”

She whipped her head around. “You mean you’re going to leave me in here alone?!”

Lux chuckled again from behind me, and rolled his eyes. I looked over at him and glared causing him to hold his hands up in defence.

“Hello Lux” Tammy acknowledged him with a nod of her head.

“Tammy” He greeted politely.

 “Maybe we can watch this another time, I think I'm going to go over to the diner, see if my mom needs any help” Tammy said, standing up and putting the movie away.

I smiled at her apologetically. “Sure” I said, turning and heading down the hall way towards my room, motioning for Lux to follow suit. As we reached my door, I was suddenly very aware of the fact the Lux Tyler was about to come into my room. He better not  be getting any ideas... not that i would mind...