Chapter 1 My winner of a bro

"Skylar baby wakeup! Wake up!" My mom shouts as she violently shakes me. "It's your first day of high school hun, c'mon get ready!"

And when that doesn't wake me up.

"Skylar Alexandra Collin! I did not raise you to become a slacker on your first day of school! Now either you wake up or I'm going to make you!" My mom hollers so loud, I'm pretty sure the whole neighborhood can hear this.

"No!" I whine, clinging to my soft bed, and warm blankets.

"Fine!" She storms out of my room, and for a second I think I've won! But then I hear the tap running, Oh no.

"Holy Mother of goodness gracious lord!" I scream as the ice cold water from the bucket my mom is holding hits my body. "What the fudge pickles Mom!"

"Hey at least now you're awake!" My mom manages to get out in between fits of laughter. "Oh my goodness your face!"

Yep, one of the benefits of having a young mom, she acts like she's 5.

"Urrrgggg! I'm going to take a HOT shower!" I storm out of my room in fury and enter the bathroom. Meanwhile outside my mother is trying hard not to suffocate because she's laughing so hard.  

"Alright hun, I'll start breakfast!"

Inside the shower I let the heat of the steaming water surround my body, I love the person that invented hot showers. They probably also had moms that uses a bucket of ice cold water to wake their kids up for school. Ugh, I'm still shivering.

After the blissful warm shower I cover myself with a towel, and leave my strawberry-blonde hair out to dry naturally. I exit the bathroom, and of course on my bed is an outfit picked out personally by my mother. Lovely.

I sigh. First of all, the shirt she picked out is pink, low cut, tight, and just above my belt, not my style.  

Second of all, the jeans she picked to go along with the shirt, is a pair of those really tight, make your butt look amazing yet extremely uncomfortable kind, no thanks.  

And third, a pair of polished red heels to finish off the outfit, I don't do heels.

Instead I open my wardrobe and chose a simple t-shirt, not low cut, over top a sports bra. A pair of sweats, and my favorite pair of blue adidas. Done.

I head down our two flights of stairs and see my mom standing at the landing, not looking pleased.

"What happened to the outfit I picked for you?" She asks, a small frown forming.

"I didn't like it." I reply simply.

My mom sighs loudly and I can swear I heard her mutter 'Because you're you' under her breath, thanks mom.

"Breakfast is ready!" She shouts.

"Coming!" My step-dad shouts back from upstairs.

I hear the sound of footsteps coming downstairs at a jog, oh joy.

"Good morning Mom," my step-brother Luke greets my mom, and for me, the usual scrowl.

"What happened to your face?" I question the small cut on his chin.

"What happened to your's" He shot back.

"Aw did wittle Lukey cut wimself while shaving?" I say in the most baby voice I can muster.

"Piss off Skylar!" He snaps.

"Hey! Watch your language Luke." Dan, my step-dad warns, even though he's chuckling.

Luke just scowls at me. Whatever, he still has to give me a ride to school.

"Get in freak." Luke says outside of his car, far from our parents.

"Sorry about this morning Lukey, did I hurt wittle Lukey's wittle feelings?" Oh, this is too much fun.

"Backseat freak!" He points to the back. Someone woke up on the wrong side of bed this morning.

The whole ride to school I keep my mouth shut, I know if I push anymore of Luke's buttons, he will actually stop the car and force me out, so I'd have to walk to school. Which is like a billion miles from our house.

"Get out freak," He says, not so harsh this time.

I look out the window, I see my bestfriend Fiona outside in front of our school.

"See ya Luke." I mutter as I struggle to put on my giant backpack.

"Need some help?" Luke asks, eyeing my unstableness as I wobble half way out the car door.

"Nah, I've got it."

"Well, have a good day Sky." Luke bids me goodbye and drives to the entrance for his grade. That's right we go to the same school, but it doesn't matter because we don't even talk to each other at school.

You see, Luke is one of those popular top of the food chain jouniors, and I, well let's just say I'm nobody. I'm a bottom of the food chain sophomore.

At my old school, when Luke was there, we only ever said hi if we ran into each other. And I am starting to have a feeling its going to be like that this year too.

Oh joy! Am I ever so filled with excitement to start the year! That was sarcasm right there.

I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of sarcasm to be said this year.

____________________________

Hey guys hope you enjoyed reading this! I had a lot of fun writing it :)

Please Vote, Comment, Follow, Share, and all that Jazz.

Haha, thanks for reading! Till next time!

XOXO,

Michelle