Chapter 11 ~ His Last Rose

The day had ended and all the students were returning to their common rooms after a long day, they girls that usually followed Draco didn't bother, and everything seemed different.

Harry and Ron were at their final practice before their match agaisnt Hufflepuff. Hermione went up to the common room all by herself.

Hermione felt sad, and let down. She thought Draco would explain and come clean and tell her how he felt. She didn't expect him to run.

Hermione climed through the portrait hall and saw Neville by the fireplace, witha rose in his hand. He saw Hermione and imediately placed it on the table.

"I'm sorry, i saw it and it's a really rare type of fllower I just thou-" Hermione laughed and cut across Neville.

"It's ok Neville, I'm not mad. And yeah, it's very odd kind of flower" she picked it up and examined it, she'd got another rose this time there wasn't a tag.

"It's a soul rose" Said Neville suddenly. He saw the confused look on Hermione face and explained more. "It's made by someone one personality. So your has a black stem and red petals, meaning he's a tough soul and that doesn't know which ay to go. Good and bad you see".

This surprised Hermione, she never took interest in herbology. if she did she would have known that.

"Right, good night Neville" she smiled and strolled up to her dorm with the rose in her hand.

***

I was there now, right next to him. Ginny took a seat in the front row. I saw Harry, he was busy in conversation with the groom...her husband. A blond haired...He turned to face her.

"Draco?" I ended up saying out loud. "Yes, Hermione...it's me, are you ok?" he was concerened and took hold of my hand. "what's happening?" i whispered in his ear.

"What do you mean? It's our wedding Hermione" He was now staring at Hermione in disbelief.

I don't know what to do, I'm marrying Draco, but oddly enough I don't want to stop it. Do I really want to get married to him.

This is a dream, it's a dream I kept telling myself. Whatever happens it's not real. If I had to break the marriage, it wouldn't be real, or whether I want to spend the rest of my life with him it wouldn't be real. He put a ring on her finger, she looked down at the stone, it was glimmering in the afternoon sunset.

"Draco Abraxas Malfoy, do you take Hermione Jean Granger to be your lawfully wedded wife" The reverand asked, with a dull voice.

"I do" said Draco smiling right at me.

"And do you Hermione Jean Granger take Draco-"

"I do" I burst out saying, i don't know why. I just did.

"You may kiss the bride" said the reverand

The crowd broke out into a cheer and people were clapping. We both leaned in until out lips touched. It was a gentlt kiss and we pulled apart.

"Oh God!!" Hermione woke and screamed, there was movement from the other girls but known had woken up.

She looked closely at the roses on her bedside table, not had died they stayed fresh and beautiful. It was Draco all along, he sent them...and that night, he did lie. It was him that made the noise by the window that why he was awake. But how did he get up to the-- Hermione remembered his new broom he bought. And soul roses? Good and Bad. Draco come from a dark family yet fell in love.

Hermione hit her head with the palm of her hand, she'd been foolish.

***

It was another half day due to the match. It was 1 in the afternoon when everyone was walking to the stands.

Hermione was surrounded by a load of boys who kept screaming. She saw him in the Slytherin stands, he was there with Pansy who clung on to his arm.

"Hi Hermione, you look like somethings bothering you" said Luna who found a seat next to her.

"Oh you have no idea" Said Hermione who was irritated.

"Well, don't let it bother you. It's best to fix it" said Luna this time trying to ger herself heard over all the cheering.

Hermione kept her eyes on Draco. He didn't seem like he was having fun. "You know what Luna, you're right" and with that Hermione started walking to the Slytherin stands. It was quite a mission pushing passed all the students.

"Hi" hermione said casually, but only got a glare from Pansy.

"Erm...Pansy, give us a moment will you?" Hermione asked her as politely as she could.

And with another glare, Pansy moved.

"What do you want?" Draco asked keeping his eye on the game.

"And explanation. You tell me you like me, and you run. That's not good and all that rubbish that you couldn't sleep. By the way thank you for the soul roses." Muttered Hermione.

"I--I that wasn't me" he stuttered, and turned red in the face.

"Admit it, you only let them girls run after you to get ME Jealous. Yeah i get it all now." Hermione was smirking.

"Well...yeah...i did..so what if I did. I really don't have to admit anything now, i did that yesterday" He implied still watching the game that he had no interest in.

Hermione was smiling "Yes you did, and i have one f your roses" hermione got one from her pocket and showed it to him, " Very nice" she smiled again.

This time Draco got his wand out and pointed it at the palm of his hands. "Orchideous anima" he said and a rose started to appear in his hands, the black stem and deep red petals where all there. he held it and offered it to Hermione. She took it and held it to her chest.

"Well I've got something to give you" she whispered silently. She wrapped her arms around his neck still holding the roses and kissed him passionately. He held her close, so close their bodies were touching.

People stared, but they didn't care. They continued to kiss.

***

They were all in the common room celebrating, Gryffindor had won, yet there was chatter everytime Hermione went passed. Ron avoided her and Harry tried to talk but found it awkward.

"Hermione, there's-- erm..someone outside" said Neville in a quite voice. Hermione went to see who it was.

Draco was standing there.

"Hi, What are you here for?" She asked him. He took her hand and pulled her closer to him.

"I never cared about anyone else, all them girls...I only thought about you" he whispered in her ear, it was so quite it was hardly audible.

"Right, Well...maybe I was jealous..no...i just...I really don't know"  she stared at the floor now with a half smile. but Draco pulled her into a hug.