Chapter 5 ~ Slytherin Pride

Hermione woke up the next morning; she was exhausted and didn’t feel like she got enough sleep. Everyone had a half-day because of the Quidditch Match. They all had 3 lessons before they had to make their way to the stands. The window was open and a chilly breeze flew in, the sun was up and shining high in the sky, but it was cold morning.

***

“We need Ravenclaw to win” said Ron, gulping down a glass of Pumpkin juice. “I agree, I don’t want to waste my weekend helping Malfoy with essays. If only Harry hadn’t made that stupid bet” Hermione glared at Harry, and he just looked helpless but had an apologetic face.

The Slytherins were cheering and screaming support to their team. Draco was in the middle of all of them, they praised him on his trick yesterday as practice. His little fan club weren’t there because of the enormous Slytherin crowd, surely they wouldn’t let any other house people be part of their little party.

“There seem very confident” said Hermione looking away from their table and turning to Harry and Ron. “yeah, just wait until they lose, get to rub it in their face don’t we?” Ron smirked and took a bite out of a piece of toast.

Ginny walked into the hall looking tired. Her eyes were red and she yawned as she reached the table. “Hello” she said and yawned again. “You look terrible” said Ron, and Hermione nudged him hard in the ribs. “Thanks, Ron” she whispered and gave him a stern look.

“you look really tired, didn’t you get any sleep?” Hermione was concerned but she thought she already knew the answer. “Well everyone was down at the courtyard after Quidditch practice, and I was there. We were all talking about how Draco managed to do the Wronski Feint” She smiled and rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand. “You were with Malfoy…and Slytherins?” Ron was stunned and disgusted at his sister. “Other people were there too, Lavender, the Patils, Cho even Luna” Ginny exclaimed. “Luna!” Hermione didn’t expect Luna to be caught in hype like that.

“Yeah, why are you after Malfoy? Hermione told me about you and him in the same compartment on the train, and how you follow him around” Ron face seemed like he would throw up, he hated Draco and the fact his sister stalked him was just too much.

“Well…all the girls find him…attractive” She smiled and quickly ate some cereal. Ron looked disgusted “Ginny! All the other girls do…why do you have to? He’s thinks our family is scum”

Ginny looked angry now. Hermione and Harry gave each other looks, they were scared what might happen. “Why do you care Ron!? I like him…he’s funny and cute. Something you lack” Ginny drank some juice and walked off. Ron’s mouth was in the shape of a ‘O’. “Ron? Let her follow him around, she’ll soon find out the git he is” Hermione tried to reassure Ron and put her hand on his shoulder, but he didn’t move.

***

Everyone was in the stands, looking half dressed. Most couldn’t decide to wear something summery for the sum or wintery because of the cold air. Hermione just wore a jacket and brought a scarf if it got too cold. They where 45 minutes into the game and Ravenclaw was in the lead with 70 points and Slytherin had 40 points. Hermione was happy about this, if Ravenclaw won, she didn’t have to help Draco.

“I hope Cho catches the snitch” mumbled Hermione into Harry’s ear. “Yeah, so do I” Harry replied. The crowds were going wild, and everyone was cheering, Hermione was squinting when she saw something, Ginny, Lavender, and the Patils cheering for Slytherin. “Oh my god! Why are they doing?! Are they mad?!” Hermione pulled out her binoculars and showed Ron and Harry. They were lost for words, they saw their fellow Gryffindors with a banner supporting Slytherin.

“I swear I will kill Ginny” Ron’s temper had raised, he was furious that he didn’t know why Ginny  was acting like this. Hermione kept her eyes on Draco, she saw him stare at one spot, Had he found the snitch she thought. And he dived, again he the was doing the Wronski feint without intending to. He was flying straight at the snitch, Hermione saw it. Cho was miles away, when people were screaming at her to look behind. Finally they were racing each other.

“COME ON CHO!” Ron screamed at the top of his voice.

BAM! “And Slytherin wins with 190 points!!!” the commentator stated and the  Slytherins erupted! They were cheering!

This can’t be happening thought Hermione. She now had to waste her weekend and spend it with Malfoy.

***

It was 11 at night, Ginny wasn’t anywhere in the Gryffindor common room. Hermione could only say she was partying with Malfoy. Hermione heard muffled voices outside the portrait so she went to investigate. “Ginny!? Malfoy?!” said Hermione in a surprised tone. “We’ve just been celebrating” said Draco with a broad smile. “Bye Malfoy” Ginny waved him goodbye and climbed into the portrait.

Hermione was looking at Draco with distaste, only when she broke the silence.” Why are you getting her hopes up?! It’s obvious you don’t like her!” Draco scoffed “How do you know I don’t like her?” Hermione thought that was a really stupid question. “Erm because the Weasley’s and Malfoys hate each other. You hate her family” Hermione crossed her arms and continued to stare at him. “Well she seems to like me? But I know that’s only because she thinks I’m good looking”.

Hermione couldn’t help but smile, Draco saw her and she stopped. “Was that a smile? So you agree that I’m good looking?” This time a smile grew on his face. “No I don’t, I think you’re pig-ugly!” Hermione stated. “Really? So you don’t find me in anyway attractive? My hair, smile, eyes?” Hermione knew he was asking this just to be praised and hear a compliment from her.

“I’m am not answering that…and no I’m not answering because it’s a ridiculous question, not because I want to hide something”.

Draco had his mouth open but quickly shut it again. Draco walked closer to Hermione, until they were inches away. “Remember you have to help me with my essays this weekend?” He said “Yes, I remember” she replied.

“Good, so we’ll talk about my good looks then, and you can answer them questions then as well” He smiled and winked at her.

He turned and walked down the corridor “Sweet dreams, Hermione” he said just before walking round the corner. Again Hermione broke into a smile, she couldn’t help herself and didn’t know why. She remembered his smile. She admits it’s quite a smile she’s seen, nothing like it before. ‘Did I just say that?’ she thought. She would keep this to herself and not tell another living soul.