Chapter 9 ~ Changed Over Night

For some reason, Hermione slept well after that little chat with Draco, he said something’s that she’d never expected to come out his mouth. In some words he might have called Hermione beautiful. She was down in the common room waiting for Harry and Ron so she could get to her lessons. They took too long so she went down to potions without them.

When she got there, there was hardly anyone there…maybe everyone was running late since it was Monday. The only person visible was Draco.

She stood in line behind him, he glanced around and face her. “Hi…have a good sleep after out little night-time stroll?” he ask stood there with his hands in his pockets and leaning against the wall so casually. “Yeah…kind of. How come you don’t look like you’ve had endless sleepless nights?” She asked, he didn’t look tired at all, he looked fully awake. What he lying when he said he couldn’t sleep? She used that same lie too.

“Gave myself a sleeping potion, I needed energy in the morning so that was my only hope. I slept like a baby” he smiled and turned abruptly.

Girls where swarming towards Draco.

“Hi, Draco” said Lavenders voice.

“Hey girls” he replied with a pleasant smile on his face. Hermione thought he was acting. He said he hated all the girls following him.

“Move out the way, let Hermione through…you can’t have me all to yourselves” He winked at them, and at Hermione. She found this revolting and sick, he lied last night. Of course he loved the attention.

“What?!” Hermione possibly shouted loudly.

“I Thought you liked me Hermione? Just thought you might wanna just stand next to me!” He suggested.

Hermione looked at him shocked “Stand next to you? Why would I want to do that?” she asked furiously.

“Calm down Hermione!” Said Padma, who probably thought Hermione was offending Draco.

“Oh shut it, Padma!” She screamed now, right in Padma’s face. Hermione turned to Draco “I wouldn’t dare like you! You might have all these girls at your feet, but you’ll never get me to LIKE you! Ever!!”. Hermione was furious, she didn’t know why, but being classed as one of the squealing girls who all want a part of Draco she didn’t like.

And he lied that all the attention was stupid, when in fact he loved every single minute of it.

Hermione stood far away from the crowd, Draco was now surrounded by girls trying to comfort him because Hermione had had a go at him.

“What’s going on?” came Ron’s voice from behind Hermione.

Ginny was walking towards them now, looking baffled. Hermione avoided her eyes.

“What was that about Hermione?!” She asked, but Hermione really wasn’t in the mood to talk about it.

“What happened, tell us” Demanded Harry. Ron also had a look on his face hoping someone would fill him in about this hot gossip.

“Hermione, just shouted at Draco, she was really angry” she told them, had she forgotten Hermione was standing inches away from her?

“Blimey Hermione, why did you do that? Well he’s a git but..” Hermione glared at him which made him shut up completely.

“I don’t want to talk about it!” she told them. “Anyway I’m off to Herbology” Ginny waved goodbye and left around the corner, just when Professor Slughorn appeared.

“Right class, special lesson today on Love potions, get into the classroom and take your seats” he said cheerily.

Everyone took their seats, Hermione saw Draco sit in his usual seats with his fellow Slytherins but other girls sat there this time.