Chapter 6: So... How About A Date Part 2

"What about tonight at 7, maybe?" Dean asked hopefully, he already had plans so if he skipped his last period he would have plenty of time to make it happen.

"Sure." Castiel smiled softly, noticing the way Dean's eyes glistered at the news.

"Okay, I'll see you then!" Dean cheered and walked off to his own locker.

He was starting to get nervous already.

**********

Dean lit the last candle, hoping the wind won't blow it out. Luckily it wasn't that windy in the field, as it was surrounded by trees. The trees protected them from the wind or the cold. It was just the end of the summer, so the flowers were still beautifully bloomed. Every inch of the field was covered in white flowers Dean didn't know the name of. They were beautiful none the less.

Dean looked back one more time, making sure everything is perfectly in place. Satisfied with his work, Dean turned around and walked through the trees on a small path leading back to where he parked Baby.

The nervousness didn't fade, it only got worse. This was his only chance and wasn't going to ruin it. Of course he was terrified he may say something wrong, or have nothing to say at all. The awkward silences that would follow, Dean pushed that back into a far corner of his mind. He shook his head, trying to get rid of the negative thoughts and started Baby.

It was now or never.

Meanwhile, Castiel was sitting at the dinner table waiting for Dean. In only a few minutes, hopefully, Dean was going to ring the bell. Castiel wasn't sure if he was ready yet. He tried to come up with some conversation topics in his head, but gave up after a while. He wasn't supposed to practice this kind of stuff.

Earlier Castiel came home and finished his homework, then (after standing in front of the mirror for an eternity) he picked out an ocean blue button-up that matched his eyes and a black skinny jeans.

Castiel was afraid he was either overdressed or underdressed. Dean never told him where they would go and it made Castiel anxious. If we are ever going on a second date, I'm picking the location.

The doorbell finally ringed and Castiel shot up and ran to the door. Somehow, Gabriel beat him to it.

"So, you are the guy who is taking my little brother, Cassie on a date?" Gabriel asked with one single eyebrow raised.

Castiel internally groaned and rolled his eyes. He tried pushing Gabriel out of the way, but Gabriel wouldn't budge.

"Y-yeah, I am." Dean stammered eyes quickly averting from Gabriel to Castiel. Dean threw him a helpless glance, practically begging him to jump in and help.

"If you ever hurt him, I will kill you slowly, then find a way to bring you back to life and kill you again even slower. Just so you know." Gabriel smirked with evil eyes and went back up the stairs.

Dean looked terrified, his jaw slack, still processing what just happened.

"Are you okay Dean?" Castiel asked, stepping forward so he was standing in front of Dean now.

"I'm fine, your brother is a bit..." Dean began, but didn't finish his sentence.

"Overprotective, yes, I know." Castiel chuckled with a fond smile on his face. You've got to love Gabe.

"Shall we go then?"

"Yes, we shall. Oh, and Cas?"

"Yes?"

"You look beautiful." Dean smiled. Castiel really did look beautiful that evening, even more beautiful than he looks at school. Dean didn't think that was possible, but Castiel standing in front of him, now that was a sight.